Which Spyderco for the US President?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: Which Spyderco for the US President?

Post by Jazz »

Would he even know how to use it?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Jazz wrote:Would he even know how to use it?
Well he sure knew how to get Canada's PM to renegotiate NAFTA. I'm sure he can open it. :D
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

I'm a moderator on another forum. We have a member there that reminds me a lot of SEF. Whenever he starts a thread, innocently as it may be, you'd better go have a look at it to see what was stirred up :-)
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Skaaphaas wrote:I'm a moderator on another forum. We have a member there that reminds me a lot of SEF. Whenever he starts a thread, innocently as it may be, you'd better go have a look at it to see what was stirred up :-)
Sounds about right. I am ALL IN FOR NO POLITICS HERE. However, it seems like I stated before that there is a double standard. So boys and girls how about we all stand down before someone gets butt hurt.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Well, he was born in NYC and resides there so it should probably be a knife that complies with NYC's absurd knife laws so that means no lock, no hole, no clip and as little cutting edge as possible. That sounds like a Roadie to me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Is it true what I heard, that when a new President is elected, Spyderco sends a complimentary knife as a gift? Will this be done this time, just wondering, and, if yes, what knife do you think he likes best of all, if he could pick one from the entire current product catalog?
I'm fairly certain you heard wrong. It's true President Bush received one of the WTC Knives, and that the current inhabitant of the White House was given a Fluted Ti Native. However, AFAIK, they're the only two who ever did and neither received the knife when first elected,

As for President Elect Trump, assuming he visits Colorado and Spyderco wants to give him a gift, and assuming Sal still has a couple tucked away in the safe, I think one of the old Dinosaur Bone Executives would be the perfect gift for a business CEO who is now our nation's Chief Executive. If not, and they wanted to do it, I'd be happy to supply a LNIB Executive and pick up the tab to have SFSW embellish it. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

If it was our (UK) Prime Minister, I would say "nothing sharp".

Or perhaps a EuroEdge, just for the irony.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Bugs wrote:"Or a Dice, because the country just rolled it with our future."
"Whatever knife it is, it shouldn't be too big. We know that the size of the President-elect's hands should limit the choices to smaller knives. :eek: :D "
"I doubt it's true, but ladybug cuz tiny hands."
"&None"
So let's see. It's OK to throw out little digs as long as your a Liberal or don't like the President elect. Really tired of this double standard everywhere. What I don't get is when all the Libs whine about their rights taken away...we can only carry a 1/2 inch blade legally, blah, blah, blah and no autos...but you still vote for the dipsticks that take your rights away. Quite frankly you have no idea how lucky we are that Trump and the adults will be running the country. Except of course for those who live in Liberal states that will continue to push through asinine gun and knife laws.
Bugs, Sometimes people say stuff simply in fun to try to make people smile. I thought that the small hands comment made by Rubio was so ridiculous that most people here would laugh at it. I tried to clarify that above with my second post. I can agree with the second part of your post except for your implication that I am one of those people. I can assure you that I vote to protect my rights and the Constitution. One thing you need to remember about blue states is that their kinda microcosms of the country. If you look at them precinct by precinct, you will find that not everyone is voting the same way. You will also find that it tends to be the large urban areas that rule the vote in those states. It is something that is quite frustrating for those of us that live in the sticks. :D
PM1

Post by PM1 »

President Trump should be gifted the Spyderco Introvert, since he is so shy and introverted. :D
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

The Dodo
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

remnar wrote:
"Whatever knife it is, it shouldn't be too big. We know that the size of the President-elect's hands should limit the choices to smaller knives. :eek: :D "
"&None"
So let's see. It's OK to throw out little digs as long as your a Liberal or don't like the President elect. Really tired of this double standard everywhere. What I don't get is when all the Libs whine about their rights taken away...we can only carry a 1/2 inch blade legally, blah, blah, blah and no autos...but you still vote for the dipsticks that take your rights away. Quite frankly you have no idea how lucky we are that Trump and the adults will be running the country. Except of course for those who live in Liberal states that will continue to push through asinine gun and knife laws.
Bugs, Sometimes people say stuff simply in fun to try to make people smile. I thought that the small hands comment made by Rubio was so ridiculous that most people here would laugh at it. I tried to clarify that above with my second post. I can agree with the second part of your post except for your implication that I am one of those people. I can assure you that I vote to protect my rights and the Constitution. One thing you need to remember about blue states is that their kinda microcosms of the country. If you look at them precinct by precinct, you will find that not everyone is voting the same way. You will also find that it tends to be the large urban areas that rule the vote in those states. It is something that is quite frustrating for those of us that live in the sticks. :D
Sir you have my sincerest apology. I work for the gov't and have to listen to the liberal diatribe regarding Trump all day long. I think at this point my patience has worn very thin. I prefer to come here and not have to listen to politics. It's nice to have a place away from the insanity. Again my apologies for lumping you into that category. Bob
remnar

Post by remnar »

Bugs wrote:
remnar wrote:
"&None"
Sir you have my sincerest apology. I work for the gov't and have to listen to the liberal diatribe regarding Trump all day long. I think at this point my patience has worn very thin. I prefer to come here and not have to listen to politics. It's nice to have a place away from the insanity. Again my apologies for lumping you into that category. Bob
No hurt feelings here, Bob. I should have just answered SEF's question and kept the cracks to myself. Lesson learned. Have a great day! -Chad
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I thought the jokes were funny. People always make fun of presidents, just look at Saturday Night Live, for example. It's not even political, it happens all the time regardless of party. It's just humor. We all tease each other, and laugh. No need for bad feelings or extra sensitivity, or so it seems to me.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

For fun. We need fun and a smile. Anyone here know a perfect politician?
- best wishes, Jazz.
toomzz

Re: Evil D

Post by toomzz »

Evil D wrote:
But, per Spyderco guidelines, let's not make this a political debate.
+1
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

It's all good.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Evil D wrote:But, per Spyderco guidelines, let's not make this a political debate.
clovisc wrote:Oh boy. Here we go; politics. Countdown to shutdown...
+1
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

Molle Ninja wrote:Certainly nothing from the Sage series.

Maybe a Civilian since he's never engaged in any form of government service or duty?

Or a Dice, because the country just rolled it with our future.

Or something from the Salt series?

You are definitely deserving of a Salt, or three!

Stay mad.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

demoncase wrote:
Studey wrote:Where did you hear this?
Gotta concur here with my learned colleague: State your source.

Someone told me they sent Obama a Native with titanium handle and this is a Spyderco tradition or something like that, as a welcoming gift. But I didn't know if that's true or not.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

By the way, regarding the Dinosaur Bone knives. How do they stabilize the dinosaur bone so it doesn't disintegrate over time, when used in a knife handle?