Bored with spydies

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Bored with spydies

Post by SG89 »

Man I thought this was a thread about being bored of Spydies... I was like I'll take them! Lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Man I thought this was a thread about being bored of Spydies... I was like I'll take them! Lol
Haha I thought the same thing! One reason I like having a wide variety and rotating through all of them is that it'll be hard for me to get bored with any of them.

Anyway, back to WTA's thread as intended. It's not uncommon for me to have a few knives sitting next to me while I'm reading on the laptop/tablet or watching sports on TV. It's like bonding with your kids. :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Don't have a techno. But love the burch chubby.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I know the feeling, reach for my pocket when bored also....caught myself mid reach a few times at church, just laugh to myself....that would be awkward.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Whitetail addict,

Hope you heal quickly.

sal
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Playing with them is nice. Using them for work is like a mini vacation in the midst of work... :D
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

Spydies are great therapy, went thru some heart problems earlier this year. Great distraction, well that...and AR's...
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

I find myself wanting to grab mine and flick at inappropriate times like church which was mentioned and at work which I'm not even supposed to carry knives. Great therapy. Better then biting your nails.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I always have at least a dozen on my desk at all times to play with. Hope you heal up quickly...they had to break my lower wisdom teeth out of my jaw. Not the most pleasant experience when you're conscious...could only feel it a little but hearing them break the bone around the teeth to extract them was very unsettling.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Bored with Spydies (!) followed by a dentistry shock-fest ... is it Halloween already?!
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

I hope for your dentist you don't flick your knives during the treatments...... :D
Beterschap!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

3rdGenRigger wrote:they had to break my lower wisdom teeth out of my jaw. Not the most pleasant experience when you're conscious...could only feel it a little but hearing them break the bone around the teeth to extract them was very unsettling.
Same for mine, back in my late teens. Totally impacted. They described the procedure and I was like "No! You're putting me OUT for that" At 6'6" and well over 300# they came to see the "wisdom" of that option ;-) Everyone was happier.

Heal up quick, WTA!

Ken
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Anyone ever take a Spydie to the toilet to play with while sitting there instead of a magazine?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

Doc Dan wrote:Anyone ever take a Spydie to the toilet to play with while sitting there instead of a magazine?
I thought I was the only one that did this! I do almost all the time! Glad to know I'm not the only one! I constantly play with mine. Wife often gets annoyed.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

freebird610 wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:Anyone ever take a Spydie to the toilet to play with while sitting there instead of a magazine?
I thought I was the only one that did this! I do almost all the time! Glad to know I'm not the only one! I constantly play with mine. Wife often gets annoyed.
LOL, how recognizable...... :rolleyes:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Me too. 'Course, I make sure to hold them forward of anything important.
- best wishes, Jazz.
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

The Ouroboros is super compelling to just play around with, for whatever reason.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Whitetail addict wrote:
Scroop wrote:Spydies are great therapy, went thru some heart problems earlier this year. Great distraction, well that...and AR's...
Well no AR's up here in canada for me, but I've felt a well made gun is great in tines like this.
You should get one! They're great fun.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra