Spyderco Police CO7s

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Re: Spyderco Police CO7s

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just a word of advice to the OP, when you're looking at buying a new knife do a little research before you buy. There are so many video's on youtube and photo's on google. If the holes bother you so much, you could always buy the g-10 version of the knife and then have some custom scales made with the holes only in the place where you wish to have your pocket clip.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
elena86

Post by elena86 »

yablanowitz wrote:
elena86 wrote:Police SS,SE being my all time favorite spydie I also consider that they almost ruined the knife with all those unnecessary holes in the handle.I also tend to agree with Yablanowitz that this has something to do with the tip-up crowd and not so much with the lefties.Being a tip-up guy myself, I still consider that Police and Military carry very well in tip-down position and we may allways use a spyder-drop for fast deployment.Lucky for me, I own 6 old school Police SS,SE and 1 PE.
I am looking forward for an aluminum or titanium handle Police, old school blade shape of course :D
They are out there, you just have to find them.

The one on the right below is uncoated aluminum
The one below is titanium

RamZar wrote:On a common knife like the Police they need to accommodate everyone for their preferred carry method even though all the extra holes are an eyesore. Practicality wins!

Thank goodness there's no such accommodation in the nice collaborations like the Rubicon. Aesthetics wins!
The funny thing is, the Police Model managed to stay in the top 10 bestselling models for over 25 years without all the extra holes.
Yablanowitz allow me to tell : I hate you :) But if you decide to sell any of those Ti or Al of yours, I am going to love you :cool: Just send me a PM.The price is not an issue.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Putrid_retch,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

The extra nine holes are possibly not only for left handers, but a right hander who wants to carry a large backup knife in their left pocket or a right hander who wants to carry the knife tip up or tip down.

I prefer to carry a back right pocket knife that is tip down where my mind wants the spine of the blade up against the side of my pocket.

In my opinion the Police, especially a serrated one, is a great backup carry knife while another medium sized plain edge one might be my primary carry.

Would it be possible to chamfer the existing holes and get a cone headed screw to flush out all the holes?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I don't mind the mulitple holes, love flexibility.

I don't like the new blade profile. I mean a po po is a po po, and should have the old school early piercing swedge tip.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I second the blade profile complaint, I loved my swedged Police.
darrex

Post by darrex »

Hi Guys, I recently recovered, this Spyderco Police, which is different from the other 3 I already have. This is more subtle, and not seen the rivets. Moreover, on the blade, there is not written the type of steel. It also has the release button back-lock, closer to the blade, compared to the models that I already have.
Would someone know give me information on the date and model ??

the model is this:

Thank you in advance. ;)
3Speedyfish3

Post by 3Speedyfish3 »

Donut has a point. I'm a police officer who carries my back-up knife in my support side (left for me) pocket. It allows a officer to protect his weapon with the dominant side hand and deal with the threat with the other, whether blade, back-up gun, or empty hand. Any knife I would buy for duty use must have a left side orientation, which many lack. Thanks for paying attention to the details, Mr. Glesser!

Randall
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

eBay is chock full of used Police models. If you don't like the modern 14-hole design just buy a used one. I think I paid $65 for mine, a bargain compared to brand new knives.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

darrex wrote:Hi Guys, I recently recovered, this Spyderco Police, which is different from the other 3 I already have. This is more subtle, and not seen the rivets. Moreover, on the blade, there is not written the type of steel. It also has the release button back-lock, closer to the blade, compared to the models that I already have.
Would someone know give me information on the date and model ??

Thank you in advance. ;)
The model is C07P. It is a first generation, non-PIG (i.e. it does not have the Pride Integrity Guts motto etched on the blade) model. The blade steel is Gingami-1 and manufacturing date is between 1984 and 1991. Congratulations, that is an excellent knife and a piece of Spyderco history.
darrex

Post by darrex »

Many thanks