Small Spydies

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

Re: Small Spydies

Post by dplafoll »

I would also like to shout out for the Cricket. I bought my wife one for her birthday, and she loves it, which is enough endorsement for me since she's no knife knut. For me, though, it's a fantastically slim and sturdy knife with great ergos for being so small, and using hers on occasion is tempting me to pick one up for myself. I would LOVE to get a Cricket in HAP-40.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
palonej

Post by palonej »

Thought you guys might get a kick out of my carry today.......I certainly did!!!!!
Joe
:eek: :D :spyder:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Mygrainman

Post by Mygrainman »

Fun story... According to Sal, years ago the sales manager believed that the name "Ladybug" would not appeal to our troops, so they produced a special blister pack and labeled it LBK instead. I'm not sure how many were produced that way, but I don't think many survived. As far as I know mine could be the last of them. I have scoured the net, but have yet to see another one like the three I stumbled upon in a local mom and pop sporting/pawn shop. They were new old stock that were believed to be temporarily lost after they moved locations several years ago. Presumably, they found them recently, and put them out just in time for me to scoop them up at their original retail price of $22 each. I actually felt like I overpaid at first... especially since there was a big plastic bin full of similar looking little knives on counter for $2 each. But my buyers remorse was gone after I found this forum and started to learn what Spyderco is all about.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Great thread!!

I love Spyderco's LBK's. My Manbug has been in my pocket every day since I got it and I've been surprised by how often I see my GF using her Ladybug. I carried a G10 Dragonfly yesterday and my Chap accompanied us for a night on the town last weekend. I have several medium sized knives and carry them often but rarely do I actually need something bigger than a Manbug or Dragonfly. I love having such a wide variety of knives to choose from and Spyderco sure does have a lot of great options out there.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Mygrainman wrote:Image
Fun story... According to Sal, years ago the sales manager believed that the name "Ladybug" would not appeal to our troops, so they produced a special blister pack and labeled it LBK instead. I'm not sure how many were produced that way, but I don't think many survived. As far as I know mine could be the last of them. I have scoured the net, but have yet to see another one like the three I stumbled upon in a local mom and pop sporting/pawn shop. They were new old stock that were believed to be temporarily lost after they moved locations several years ago. Presumably, they found them recently, and put them out just in time for me to scoop them up at their original retail price of $22 each. I actually felt like I overpaid at first... especially since there was a big plastic bin full of similar looking little knives on counter for $2 each. But my buyers remorse was gone after I found this forum and started to learn what Spyderco is all about.

Cool story, and great find!
I actually never knew myself that the Ladybug was also sold as "LBK"! Learn something new every day! :)
Going back to Caly.
alan007

Post by alan007 »

This is a fun discussion and provides lots of information on smaller Spyderco's I did not know about. Just this week I received a CF Chap with CTS-XHP and have been enjoying it. I really like the G10 version of the Dragonfly. I may try to get that one soon.