Caly in HAP40?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
awa54

Re: Caly in HAP40?

Post by awa54 »

burnt orange G10 or fiberglass weave a-la GB Air and a laminate HAP40 blade, that would be a 100% buy now knife!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would LOVE a Caly3 in HAP40 and I would also pick up a Kiwi4 in Hap40 if that was made too.
Yes!! Have never owned the kiwi but would definitely pick one up in hap40!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Considering how much love the Caly series gets on the forum here its strange that the sales were so poor. I have all three versions of the Caly 3.5 and absolutely love them. Any kind of new Caly would be a must have for me. Spyderco could sell a 3.5 with pink G10 and I'd still buy it. Not that theres anything wrong with pink ;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Considering how much love the Caly series gets on the forum here its strange that the sales were so poor. I have all three versions of the Caly 3.5 and absolutely love them. Any kind of new Caly would be a must have for me. Spyderco could sell a 3.5 with pink G10 and I'd still buy it. Not that theres anything wrong with pink ;)

Agreed! :)
Going back to Caly.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

While we're wishing... Can we get a Chokwe sprint in HAP40 or SuperBlue?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote:I'll bring it up in a product mtg.

sal
Do you need supporters to rally around factory? :)
This is good idea. If I cannot get my Native or CAly in CPM M4, Caly 3 or Caly 3.5 in HAP40 will do the trick. Laminated blade will be fine.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

toxophilus wrote:Hmmm, Calys with washers and burnt orange G10 scales + screwed together construction?!?!
do not get too exited. Sal mentioned on more than one occation that there is not enough room for screws. Riveted just fine. I never felts that I need washers on any of my Calys either. :cool:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Holland

Post by Holland »

bh49 wrote:
toxophilus wrote:Hmmm, Calys with washers and burnt orange G10 scales + screwed together construction?!?!
do not get too exited. Sal mentioned on more than one occation that there is not enough room for screws. Riveted just fine. I never felts that I need washers on any of my Calys either. :cool:
Agreed ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

sal wrote:I'll bring it up in a product mtg.

sal

:ThumbUp:
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Would LOVE a Hap40 Caly 3.5!! Endura has been a workhorse. I'm kicking myself for not getting a vg-10 Caly 3.5 when they were available at less than $100. I use my SB Caly 3.5 regularly but I'm a little afraid to use it for work because of its high replacement cost. I'd have to get 2 hap40s for future use!
Donut

Post by Donut »

captnvegtble wrote:While we're wishing... Can we get a Chokwe sprint in HAP40 or SuperBlue?
Now that's really wishing since the Chokwe was never produced in Japan.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Donut wrote:
captnvegtble wrote:While we're wishing... Can we get a Chokwe sprint in HAP40 or SuperBlue?

Nah, but maybe we could hope for another slim and slender model like the JD Smith! :)
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Donut wrote:

Nah, but maybe we could hope for another slim and slender model like the JD Smith! :)
Now thats what I'm talking about speed, I've been Jonesing for a foliage sprint for a while now but the don't pop up very often. A new sprint would be a slam dunk.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Donut wrote:
Ahhh... that's right. I forgot where the Chokwe was produced.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

OK guys, one thing at one time. Make your wish lists, but for now let's concentrate on HAP40 Caly3.5 and Caly3.

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I'm watching this thread closely! ;) I didn't even think it was an option given the current situation with the maker but if it's even possible, then I'm so for it! :D

Now, the CF bolstered Damascus 3.5 was asked for first, well before anyone here heard of HAP40 (well, most of us)... Just sayin' ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Now, the CF bolstered Damascus 3.5 was asked for first, well before anyone here heard of HAP40 (well, most of us)... Just sayin' ;)
Paul,
Please, stop this. In the old country people were saying that you are putting a salt on my open wounds :( .
This was one of my dream knives.
Roman

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bh49 wrote:Paul, Please, stop this. In the old country people were saying that you are putting a salt on my open wounds :( .
This was one of my dream knives.
Roman
Sorry Roman! :( Bright side is that if Sal and company are able and willing to run a HAP40 sprint, then the dream for someday seeing this king of Caly 3.5's can live on brother!! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Now, the CF bolstered Damascus 3.5 was asked for first, well before anyone here heard of HAP40 (well, most of us)... Just sayin' ;)
Lets compromise and have a CF bolstered with hap40 blade? :cool: