taichung

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
average-Joe

Re: taichung

Post by average-Joe »

@endgame there's a bit negative talk about Taiwan Spyderco products on forums made outside the USA from ones who feel embarrassed or bothered when a knife says Taiwan and not Golden. I was commenting about that is a very sheltered view point.
LC Kid

Spyderco Taichung Rocks!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

average-Joe wrote: there's a bit negative talk about Taiwan Spyderco products on forums made outside the USA from ones who feel embarrassed or bothered when a knife says Taiwan and not Golden.
I never knew about this, but it doesn't mean it's not happening. :rolleyes:

Frankly I find very hard to believe any knife user/collector saying anything wrong about Spyderco Taichung knives, but Bro this is a big world, big enough to find anything you look for.

I my book anybody who can't recognize such high end quality or how well made are the Taichung blades, is simply blind or just knows absolutely nothing about cutlery.
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

Amen
endgame

Post by endgame »

Vollotton
endgame

Post by endgame »

average-Joe wrote:@endgame there's a bit negative talk about Taiwan Spyderco products on forums made outside the USA from ones who feel embarrassed or bothered when a knife says Taiwan and not Golden. I was commenting about that is a very sheltered view point.
Ya no thats there problem I see what I get from them and give everyone a chance.I just go by what I own not by race.it just happens that the thai Japanese are better inmop.not that im not rooting for golden they have also a **** of a product but I have had issues that all were taken care of except for my cf yojimbo 2 cant get one as good as my g10 version im on thee cf now.giving up on it and just feeling the first run of the g10 yojimbo was the best.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Sorry my bad got steels all mixed up
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Big fan of Taichung folders.

Check out this related thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

Very cool thread! That list helped me a lot. I'm just in love with my Hungarian folder. Honestly for me, not saying anyone else, it blows away my para 2 any day of the week in quality, and style. My only wish it had jimping which I know some may think would detract.