carbon fiber sprint/exclusive picture thread - feel free to share yours!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
dubya3

carbon fiber sprint/exclusive picture thread - feel free to share yours!

Post by dubya3 »

Here is what I currently have for my beloved peel ply carbon fiber sprints. I'm hoping to add the upcoming Military CF/Ti S90V exclusive and will eventually grab a regular CF S90V Para to complete my collection (peel ply CF s90v), for now.

Of all of these the Manix 2 was the hardest to track down and I got it from a friend who also sold the Yo2 to me. The Manix 2 XL was the easiest and the Para kind of fell in my lap one day. I also have the Military pictured incoming, should be a 9/21 delivery date :)
20150919_164057.jpg
20150919_164023.jpg
20150919_163940.jpg
20150919_163807.jpg
FB_IMG_1442509904210.jpg
Last edited by dubya3 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

Evil D

Re: carbon fiber sprint/exclusive picture thread - feel free to share yours!

Post by Evil D »

Here's all I've got as far as sprints/exclusives go.

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Evil D wrote:Here's all I've got as far as sprints/exclusives go.

And two of the best ones lol. The Yojimbo 2 is one of the very best designs in my opinion then top it off with CF and S90V and it's top shelf.
Cory

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I have two Natives, one sanded down and one stock:

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

received_10153202522889151.jpeg
My buddy polishes his peel ply CF scales. This is a native s110v he did. I'd like to get a second M2XL and Yo2 and have them polished and use the carbides out of but that is money I don't have to blow right now.
Cory

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Image

I have two Natives, one sanded down and one stock:

This isn't Curt is it? Lol. The buddy I was talking about is Curt and he had a polished native and a stock one I traded him. I've never seen another polished peel ply cf scale before.
Cory

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I just got my first cf handled knife.

Tim Zowada

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I was waiting for you to post Joel :D good price you got on it too but I bet the wait killed you!
Cory

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

dubya3 wrote:This isn't Curt is it? Lol. The buddy I was talking about is Curt and he had a polished native and a stock one I traded him. I've never seen another polished peel ply cf scale before.
Nope, I'm Eli, not Curt. :) I polished this Native last autumn--see my thread here:

//forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=65549" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

dubya3 wrote:I was waiting for you to post Joel :D good price you got on it too but I bet the wait killed you!
It was well worth the wait Cory.

Shes a keeper for sure.

I really like the blade shape and it's handle. Its got a very nice balance and feel to it.

It feels and looks like a knife that should cost much much more.

Its flawless.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

20150921_194728.jpeg
The cf s90v millie arrived today, here's an updated pic (crappy one one for now)

Cory

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That Millie is a real beauty Cory, congratulations. My Ti Millie came today also and I must admit I'm really starting to get hooked on these flagship works of art.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
remnar

Post by remnar »

Here are a couple of mine.

Tim Zowada.

Michael Walker.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

dubya3 wrote:I've never seen another polished peel ply cf scale before.
Here is another. Not quite polished, but smooth.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

farnorthdan wrote:That Millie is a real beauty Cory, congratulations. My Ti Millie came today also and I must admit I'm really starting to get hooked on these flagship works of art.

Yes me too! My first one and I've quickly fallen head over heels. I'm definitely getting one of the upcoming cf ti s90v exclusives but hoping to snag two and tap one for tip up carry and rotate it with my manix 110v for a daily user. I'd love to find a spyderedge s30v millie too, actually that'd probably be my favorite knife after I modded it for tip up.

The only thing besides tip down only I think is outdated is the spacer in the middle of the handle. Why not just replace the spacer with some nice stainless standoffs?? I think we need a Military 2 :D

Anyway, here's an updated pic. Big and little. I'm still trying to figure out how to resize photos and keep the original clarity so they aren't the best for now. Image
Cory

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

dubya3 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:That Millie is a real beauty Cory, congratulations. My Ti Millie came today also and I must admit I'm really starting to get hooked on these flagship works of art.

Yes me too! My first one and I've quickly fallen head over heels. I'm definitely getting one of the upcoming cf ti s90v exclusives but hoping to snag two and tap one for tip up carry and rotate it with my manix 110v for a daily user. I'd love to find a spyderedge s30v millie too, actually that'd probably be my favorite knife after I modded it for tip up.

The only thing besides tip down only I think is outdated is the spacer in the middle of the handle. Why not just replace the spacer with some nice stainless standoffs?? I think we need a Military 2 :D

Anyway, here's an updated pic. Big and little. I'm still trying to figure out how to resize photos and keep the original clarity so they aren't the best for now. Image
Oh yea, I'm definitely down for a couple Ti/CF exclusives also I'm really torn about the BBS s90v, I've already spent way too much this month on spydies, I hope they last long enough for me to get around to snagging one.

Also I know I've seen a SE millie recently in my searches I just can't remember where, if I stumble across it again I'll let you know.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

farnorthdan wrote:
dubya3 wrote:

Oh yea, I'm definitely down for a couple Ti/CF exclusives also I'm really torn about the BBS s90v, I've already spent way too much this month on spydies, I hope they last long enough for me to get around to snagging one.

Also I know I've seen a SE millie recently in my searches I just can't remember where, if I stumble across it again I'll let you know.
The BBS exclusive is the blue one correct? I'm different from most here, I don't like the bright colored knives. Black, brown, natural greens for me. That would be great if you passed that SE info on go me if you see it again, I was planning on taking a month break from buying (yeah right) but I'd have to snag that one.
Cory

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yep, the BBS is blue G10, I'm not huge on bright colors either but I do like the blue

dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

Oops wrong post
Cory

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I just had a look, and these are my Sprints/Exclusives in CF

Some more detailed pics

Kiwi

Yo2

Dodo

Native

Caly 3

Cricket

Manix

Mili