SpyderPac - not completely impressed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

Re: SpyderPac - not completely impressed

Post by BTG »

Yeah, for sure won't break, and very stiff, which works well for me as my safe is not wide enough, so they stand on end...price wasn't too bad, went to the local ace hardware, just looking for wooden ones, but one size was too big, next smallest was too small....was looking around for plastic and found the aluminum which was an exact match...5 ft 9 bucks...got two and cut 2, 22 1/2 in sections out of each easily, and very smoothly with a regular pipe cutter. So 5 $ a shot not too bad, to make perfect, IMO.
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

My packs must be really old because I don't think any of them have any kind of support rod in them. They all flex just a bit when bent, but the velcro holds them fairly tight.

I wonder when this change was made, maybe when they went from 32 to 30 knives per pack?
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Hmm no idea if mine is broken, I am guessing not since it hangs fine in my gun safe.

Like it a lot.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

I have three of the large spyderpacs and two of them broke due to a knot in the dowel. I had some Delrin lying around that was the same diameter and was able to make two new dowels. It wont ever break now :D

JD