Spyderco shirts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OldSarSwmr

Re: Spyderco shirts

Post by OldSarSwmr »

losinground wrote:Image
This in black and another in OD Green. I would also like a black polo with the forum logo on the front left.

Dan
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Agreed with the polo request also, Dan. I have one of the early black polos, which were great.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Before everyone gets too far down the block... let us have a few discussions here. We've done numerous apparel items in the past (I myself had a nice career in apparel before my Spyderco life). Give us some time and we'll review everything here. Thank you for your enthusiasm! We appreciate you.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Surfingringo wrote:I have another idea. What if someone volunteered to make a small run of these in an approved shirt/design. We could charge $5-$10 over cost per shirt and agree to donate all profit to our favorite charity, which we could determine by poll. I know it would be contingent upon Spyderco even approving something like that but I can't see any losers in the plan. Everybody gets a shirt, Spyderco gets walking billboards and we all get to do something nice.
All profits to the Alzheimer's foundation that the Sage series feeds into? That one obviously has a place in SALs heart.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I always liked the Molecule shirt. Every time I tried to order one they never had my size.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I'd be in for a couple printed T-shirts (prefer pocket) and a logo embroidered polo. Black or grey would be fine for me. My wife and I had a printing business some years ago. We still do short gratis runs for friends, summer camps, and local schools, I've thought about printing some for personal use but have refrained not wanting to infringe upon Spyderco's rights. I'll be watching for these.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:This shirt I received from Casey Lynch, the originalspaceman on BF, and has his awesome logo on it. I love the color too, he knows I like blue ;)! He made the Ti scales and prybar below. Casey's great to deal with and super friendly, plus his products are top quality.

Those sir are absolutely gorgeous. I'm now following him on BF.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I would buy this and the long sleeve in a heartbeat! looks amazing :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

TazKristi wrote:Before everyone gets too far down the block... let us have a few discussions here. We've done numerous apparel items in the past (I myself had a nice career in apparel before my Spyderco life). Give us some time and we'll review everything here. Thank you for your enthusiasm! We appreciate you.

Kristi
Awesome, can't wait to see what y'all come up with!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Well I like my clothing to be durable, so it should probably be black FRN or carbon fiber. That'll contrast well with the Spyder logo. Obviously it'll need a thumb hole for one handed dressing. Now let's talk steels...

:D

Seriously though, I'd order multiple. Short and long sleeve, a couple colors of each, especially of they do multiple designs that I like. I'm usually pretty plain, so I'd go for the simple no frills losinground design or maybe just a Spyder on the left chest and "Spyderco" on the back? I dig the idea of a subtle polo too. Black and red is pretty great in either order, though I can see any other color working too with black print, like the ones Radioactive has.

Here's another idea: hooded sweatshirts. Eh? Mine are all wearing out, and I'll be in the market for a new one soon. Just sayin...
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Pocket tee with a sprint Dragonfly PE Hawkbill inside?! :D
Going back to Caly.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Count me in!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I'd love a t-shirt and a structured ball cap.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I would like to add my voice to the crowd. I would like to see a just a simple t-shirt design-the losinground concept looks great.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I still have my "All God's Critters Have Knives" Spyderco Shirt and everytime I wear it I get tons of compliments even from people who have no idea who Spyderco is. And I definitely would love another one of their caps or hats too.

The ALL GOD's CRITTERS murel is truly a classic and it should be iconic and Spyderco should never let that one die IMO.

It was the front part of the 1997 Dealers Catalog for Spyderco and it is a very nice and well done poster/print. Who ever drew that up to begin with was truly on target as far as what Spyderco represents.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Holland wrote:
I would buy this and the long sleeve in a heartbeat! looks amazing :D
Yep, I love this simple design. If this happens I think it would be worth it to use some lightweight, high quality shirts...even if that cost a bit more.
v8r

Post by v8r »

That shirt looks pretty good. Maybe slap a big red Spyderbug on the back
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

or maybe a tiny one on the back up by the collar. For my taste I'd like to keep it simple.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

^^^ Agreed. A bit more discreet would be perfect, IMHO.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Surfingringo wrote:or maybe a tiny one on the back up by the collar. For my taste I'd like to keep it simple.
I agree with the keep it simple theme, I think they would sell a lot more that way. I'm not very flashy though. :o