USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Post by tvenuto »

bh49 wrote:I am thinking about sending back to golden for sharpening
As am I, actually. I tried a bit on the sharpmaker and it is better but not up to snuff. I might try evil D's method before throwing in the towel though.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

My SE isn't dull, but it's not that sharp either.
:bug-red-white
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

My SE is not dull and has a similar sharpness as the yellow Hawkbill.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Mine's real sharp too!

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
w3tnz

Re: The question for people, who have both PE and SE.

Post by w3tnz »

bh49 wrote: The knives were released four weeks ago and still available in both configurations. I am shocked.
I'd gladly help fix that if someone wants to pass on the secret handshake ;) ;)
Slash

Post by Slash »

I think spyderco left the se slightly dull to make me buy more sharpening tools from them. Pretty tricky
swigert

Post by swigert »

w3tnz wrote:
bh49 wrote: The knives were released four weeks ago and still available in both configurations. I am shocked.
You will need to register at USN to get the "handshake". The code is available there in the spyderco section.
Lugi

Post by Lugi »

My se come sharp.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

w3tnz wrote:
It is a great forum and free to join. Just sign up and check it out. If you like Spydies and want the knife why not just sign up?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Lugi

Post by Lugi »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
w3tnz wrote:
It is a great forum and free to join. Just sign up and check it out. If you like Spydies and want the knife why not just sign up?
Cause its easier to find a golden egg.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Almoe66 wrote:Fresh off the UPS truck...

OpusX Drooooooool.... now i want a cigar soooo badly. I haven't had an Opus in years. The only thing i have in Fuente is an Anejo. hmmmm :D

JD
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Guys, if I do decide to join USN it will be because I actually want to be a part of the community, not just to grab a coupon.

I think there's been plenty of time for the USN members to pick them up, and even with the code, its still quite an expensive knife for me when you add in $25 shipping and factor in the exchange rate.

Thanks to the brothers who helped out, there is a plain edge version on its way down under. :)
Last edited by w3tnz on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

JudasD wrote:
OpusX Drooooooool.... now i want a cigar soooo badly. I haven't had an Opus in years. The only thing i have in Fuente is an Anejo. hmmmm :D

JD
JD - Any time your in the Tampa area, feel free to stop by. Hope you enjoyed the Anejo!
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

After seeing the swaps I couldn't resist, hesitated between the white, which gives a nice contrast with the black I went for the tacticool :D option an took the tan H1 FRN version :)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

IG-88 wrote:After seeing the swaps I couldn't resist, hesitated between the white, which gives a nice contrast with the black I went for the tacticool :D option an took the tan H1 FRN version :)

Very nice swap idea, man. :) I dig the tan and black combo. Would love to see this combo offered in the regular production.
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

anyone know if it would work to swap some ladybug hardware (torx screws) into one like the white ladybug which is pin construction?

I was thinking about a white swap as well but it is pinned and if I DID get it apart i could only reassemble one of the two, unless I can get the 2 screws needed and if the frn matches
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Drahkis wrote:anyone know if it would work to swap some ladybug hardware (torx screws) into one like the white ladybug which is pin construction?

I was thinking about a white swap as well but it is pinned and if I DID get it apart i could only reassemble one of the two, unless I can get the 2 screws needed and if the frn matches
Now that you say it, when I was looking which one I would use I didn't take into account this fact. The tan version was a screwed construction version and can be swapped over again. Drilling out the pins on the white would mean no way back.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

SpyderNut wrote:Very nice swap idea, man. :) I dig the tan and black combo. Would love to see this combo offered in the regular production.
Thx!! I love the combo and I really love the black PE hawkbill blade, sweet cutter!! It would indeed be sweet to see more of this in regular production :)
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

w3tnz wrote:Guys, if I do decide to join USN it will be because I actually want to be a part of the community, not just to grab a coupon.

I think there's been plenty of time for the USN members to pick them up, and even with the code, its still quite an expensive knife for me when you add in $25 shipping and factor in the exchange rate.

Thanks to the brothers who helped out, there is a plain edge version on its way down under. :)
I think some people may be missing the point... the forum discount is a reward for becoming part of the forum. I'm not sure why people are so afraid to join, there is a Spyderco section there, too! :)
Studey

Post by Studey »

Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:
w3tnz wrote:Guys, if I do decide to join USN it will be because I actually want to be a part of the community, not just to grab a coupon.

I think some people may be missing the point... the forum discount is a reward for becoming part of the forum. I'm not sure why people are so afraid to join, there is a Spyderco section there, too! :)

Yeah...not awesome that people are passing on that code. It's supposed to be for USN members, since we are who asked for the knife. If you want one, by all means, get one, and by all means, register on the USN...but that's not cool, IMO.