Shot Show: Aqua Salt Video - Janich

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Shot Show: Aqua Salt Video - Janich

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Found another shot show video with Michael Janich talking in length about the new Aqua Salt. He sure did a lot of talking at Shot, I'd say he earned himself a vacation!

I'm pretty sure this will be my first H1 blade, it's such a nice design.

http://youtu.be/JrC--7O79M4
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jmh58

Re: Shot Show: Aqua Salt Video - Janich

Post by jmh58 »

Soo.. The plain edge H-1 gets better with use/sharpening!! I like this knife !! Thanks LC for posting this!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
thelock

Post by thelock »

I think I read a comment from Sal that H1 fully serrated holds an edge better than any other steel, so I usually go with fully serrated, but I definitely want to grab this one. Great video.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

thelock wrote:I think I read a comment from Sal that H1 fully serrated holds an edge better than any other steel, so I usually go with fully serrated, but I definitely want to grab this one. Great video.
That was in the Jumpmaster they tested that, I believe, scored higher on CARTA than any other knife. The process of grinding the serrations work-hardens the H1 blade resulting in increased edge retention. I typically only buy H1 in SE for that reason. The Aqua Salt is an awesome knife, very ergonomic and comfortable in hand. An excellent sized fixed blade for EDC. I am considering buying this re-release in PE because it's such an awesome knife. The only other H1 PE blade that I own is the Rock Salt, which I don't use much.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Hmmm, Mike said first quarter...today is March 21st. Better drop soon to meet that timeline. And hook a brovah up with the SE here
swigert

Post by swigert »

This is a video we all need to remember to point people to when they ask about H1 steel and its work hardening properties.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

twinboysdad wrote:Hmmm, Mike said first quarter...today is March 21st. Better drop soon to meet that timeline. And hook a brovah up with the SE here
Thank you all for the kind words on the video (and the suggestion that I earned a vacation!). As for the release timeline, I was working off the best information I had at the time. Actual delivery dates vary and our releases of new product are also "phased" to spread things out for our dealers, collectors, and end users. The Aqua Salts are definitely coming, but probably not in the next eight days...

Thanks for your understanding.

Stay safe,

Mike
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Must...resist...

I have a full SE Aqua salt now and just love the thing. I wish I used it more quite frankly, and with this one coming out in the neighborhood of $100 it will be very hard to resist getting a blacked out companion for my shiny one.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Nice, well educated presentation.Mr.Janich you are a true professional.I have a question for you.Do you know the HRC of the cutting bevel from the factory ? It would be interesting to know.AFAIK it's in betwwen 57-58 HRC but you should know better.