Fakes at Amazon

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Antonio

Fakes at Amazon

Post by Antonio »

Hello guys, I was going to order a Delica off Amazon Spain, but im really scared. They're selling fakes, from China seller as 'OEM'. Theyre clearly fakes because lf the price, but even Amazon is selling and shipping fakes from china directly from Amazon! Nice way for making hundred of dollars.

Not sure if Spyderco is aware.

Thanks!
brainfriction

Re: Fakes at Amazon

Post by brainfriction »

Yeah it sucks, but just got to keep reporting sellers like that to ebay and amazon, usually they'll get shut down if enough people complain. Problem is they just create a new account and keep peddling their junk.
Antonio

Post by Antonio »

Problem is, when Amazon itself is selling fakes...
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Someone received an empty box through Amazon recently. Disappointing.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Chris :spyder:
mrdavidkolds

Post by mrdavidkolds »

i won't buy a knife from Amazon.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

mrdavidkolds wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:18 pm
That makes 2 of us.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Antonio wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 pm
They do?! That would worry me quite a bit... I was of the opinion, that Amazon itself (so NOT a dealer on their platform) would get it's stock directly from Spyderco...
Only problem than would be if someone puts a fake in the box when returning a knife and Amazon would Seil that unknowingly as an Original...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:05 am
Antonio wrote:
They do?! That would worry me quite a bit... I was of the opinion, that Amazon itself (so NOT a dealer on their platform) would get it's stock directly from Spyderco...
Only problem than would be if someone puts a fake in the box when returning a knife and Amazon would Seil that unknowingly as an Original...

I'm sure that's one way it happens, but Amazon also buys from the "lowest bidder". While they may not intentionally purchase fakes, if someone offers to sell them something for less than the manufacturer charges, they'll buy it. There is also some question as to how scrupulously they segregate their own merchandise from that of their "sold by XXXX with fulfillment by Amazon" third party partners. The problem is not confined to Spyderco products, or just to knives, it can happen with just about anything you buy from Amazon that doesn't have a serial number.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:13 am
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:05 am
Antonio wrote:

I'm sure that's one way it happens, but Amazon also buys from the "lowest bidder". While they may not intentionally purchase fakes, if someone offers to sell them something for less than the manufacturer charges, they'll buy it. There is also some question as to how scrupulously they segregate their own merchandise from that of their "sold by XXXX with fulfillment by Amazon" third party partners. The problem is not confined to Spyderco products, or just to knives, it can happen with just about anything you buy from Amazon that doesn't have a serial number.
Thank you for the valuable input! I was convinced that every knife Amazon directly sells would be received directly from Spyderco and never from the "lowest bidder".
So I´ll better stick solely to reputated knife stores in the future (which I do anyway, but I thought Amazom was one of them).
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

500Nitro wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:25 pm
mrdavidkolds wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:18 pm
That makes 2 of us.
Same here
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Fourth here
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I have sellers on ebay I trust far more than Amazon.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

So you guys would suggest to actually NOT support Amazon by buying knives from them?
I myself have very little insight in the world of knive-sellers, so I´d appreciate your input