Counterfeit ?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Kyler durden 321

Counterfeit ?

Post by Kyler durden 321 »

I have a knife here and im not sure but i think its a knockoff or maybe an early byrd knife . the handle was originally blue but i beadblasted it and the blade was grey but i polished it , the blade has tanwai on one side i think they meant taiwan lol and 154CM on the other side ...this knife is kinda old too but i cant find another like it anywhere .it also has a wire type pocket clip .
Attachments
1128180849-1.jpg
TazKristi

Re: Counterfeit ?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Kyler:
Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry to say but that knife is definitely a counterfeit. I'm going to move this thread into our "Counterfeit" discussion area.

Wish I had better news for you.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Kyler durden 321

Re: Counterfeit ?

Post by Kyler durden 321 »

I figured as much i have other vintage spyderco's , like a gen 1 delica plain edge , a vintage stainless delica plain edge with only two sets of pocket clip screw holes for right hand carry , a discontinued stainless plain edge ladybug 3 , and im waiting on a black lbk combo edge . i just know their byrd line series is made in china and it had the comet type thumb hole . i also know the first spyderco knives pre delica / endura some of the knives were sorta junky .