Paramilitary Fake Easy ID

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
pranaterra

Paramilitary Fake Easy ID

Post by pranaterra »

Forgive me if this has been noted, but seeing so many of these on eBay being sold with no note of clone/copy is concerning. One easy way that often works for Paramilitary 2 fakes (NOT Military fakes) is to closely look at the Golden, Colorado area as in pic attached. I am not saying there have not been P2s made correctly 'stamped', but I see this over and over. Trust me, all are fake.
Attachments
FakeSpydercoPara2_Ebay.jpg
pranaterra

Re: Paramilitary Fake Easy ID

Post by pranaterra »

Here is also an example just put on eBay today that has the correct period after "A", but the same incorrect period after Colorado. And again, the easy tell... no spaces between between words. They just run together with a period in between.

If you see this, realize it is a $15 knife from China. Again, not seeing this discrepancy does not guarantee the knife is real, it just assures you that it is a knock-off in this particular case.
Attachments
Close.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
pranaterra

Re: Paramilitary Fake Easy ID

Post by pranaterra »

Yet another variation on eBay today. Period after Golden, yet has wide spacing otherwise.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg