Suspected P4 fake?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Doc1911

Suspected P4 fake?

Post by Doc1911 »

This knife is listed as a P4 from a TSA confiscation sale. I'm no Spyderco expert, but the blade geometry looks wrong, and I was under the impression that the G10 P4's don't have a swedged blade? Fake?

TazKristi

Re: Suspected P4 fake?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Doc1911:
Welcome to our forum! Unfortunately, that knife is either a counterfeit or what we call a frankenspyder (someone combined two different models).

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

For comparison.

The bottom one is definitely a Fake "Police".
Attachments
FakePolice2.jpg
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

just for the record, in most instances when there's a ruler behind the knife in question be it inches or centimeters there's something fishy with it, either it's a Chinese based seller, a dubious looking Spyderco, an extremely low price or lack of feedback from the seller :confused:

All of them are oftentimes strong signs of a fake, franken or scam Spyder deal in sight :o
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

ThePeacent wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:26 am
just for the record, in most instances when there's a ruler behind the knife in question be it inches or centimeters there's something fishy with it, either it's a Chinese based seller, a dubious looking Spyderco, an extremely low price or lack of feedback from the seller :confused:

All of them are oftentimes strong signs of a fake, franken or scam Spyder deal in sight :o
You know what, that is so right.

I just went and checked the listing where that fake "Police" came from and sure enough,
it has a ruler in it.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
DBCOOPER

Post by DBCOOPER »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but you can easily tell that is fake by the finger choil, the choil even goes into the steel liners and g10 and into the blade, it isn't even a franken p4, it'd have to be a an older police model, but described as a p4 I'd assume it fake
I came here to cut sh#$ with my knives and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum