Bought two PM2s, are either legit?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
smody121

Bought two PM2s, are either legit?

Post by smody121 »

https://youtu.be/mY40N81isMs

They seem similar in almost every way but are the both real or both fake? I purchased the one on the left from amazon and the one on the right from knifecenter.com. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
ejames13

Re: Bought two PM2s, are either legit?

Post by ejames13 »

They both look genuine to me, though high res pictures might make it easier to tell. What makes you suspect either of them is fake?
smody121

Post by smody121 »

My first purchase of a folding knife so just wanted to be sure since I read of a few people being burned by knockoffs. I've been watching some YouTube vids on fakes vs. real and I think I've come to the conclusion these are both real as well, thanks for the heads up.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

It's extremely unlikely you would get a fake from Knifecenter. They are an authorized Spyderco dealer. Amazon is a little less reliable, but if it ships from and is sold by Amazon.com you should be fine.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, smody121:
First, welcome to our forum. I wanted to jump in to clarify something in the interest of being transparent. With regards to purchasing through Amazon; yes, Amazon is an authorized Spyderco dealer, but we cannot guarantee authenticity due to their policy of co-mingling inventory with third party marketplace vendors. Even something purchased "from Amazon" and "shipped by Amazon." This applies to any product, not just ours. Since they co-mingle inventory with third party vendors when an order is pulled and shipped we can't guarantee that what you are receiving is from inventory shipped by us to Amazon. Amazon does have a strong return policy though so if you ever receive anything suspect - again any product, not just ours - be sure to get in contact with Amazon regarding your concerns.

Specific to what you've posted: we would recommend that you send those knives into our W&R department for review. Ultimately, that is the only way we can definitively say if they are authentic or counterfeit. You can find all of the info you need here, https://www.spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/ ... hp?item=24. In all likelihood, you've got two genuine Para 2s, but we can't guarantee that without seeing the knives in person.

Thanks for posting and we hope you enjoy your time with us.

Make it a good day!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.