Brazen defense of selling fakes on ebay

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
awa54

Brazen defense of selling fakes on ebay

Post by awa54 »

this in an auction from ebay seller firebirdlefty68 :

**This Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is new in the box with papers.
Coral blue G-10 scales with stainless steel liners,pocket clip and compression lock, lanyard hole.
3.438" flat ground CPM-S30V plain edge blade with satin finish and thumb hole.
4.812" closed and 8.281" open, 3.7oz
Please check out all pictures and ask any questions before you bid or buy you must be 18 or older
I do combine shipping

Some call these fakes or clones they are better built than the Spyderco Byrd knives.Spyderco has factories in China,Taiwan,Canada and the USA how are we to know what we are buying if we are not experts.Spyderco is just like Buck,Gerber,Schrade and Kershaw owned by China and they will do what ever they want they do own the rights and will clone or fake there own knives thanks to Spyderco you don't know what you are getting but when you buy a knife for half or less than its worth you should know you get what you pay for these knives sell for up to $175.00 and you have to be an expert to tell the difference.if you like what you see then buy it if not please don't bid or buy. If you want a Spyderco but can't afford a $175.00 this is for you.they are very will made knives for the price not junk like Frost cutlery or rough rider knives.i bought this on eBay not from China.**

"they do own the rights and will clone or fake there own knives thanks to Spyderco you don't know what you are getting" ...Talk about blaming the victim!
I especially like the "Some call these fakes" part... if they aren't genuine Spyderco products then what the h**l are they if not fakes??
if you want a Spyderco, but can't afford a $175 (for a PM2) ...then get a Tenacious!
Owned by China?!? I bet that's news to Sal & Eric.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
hardkiss

Re: Brazen defense of selling fakes on ebay

Post by hardkiss »

I saw this listing also and read the same paragraph. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Total scum.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Wow that is sickening, guys. Absolutely disgusting.

Thank you for posting these warnings for everyone.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I wasn't aware Spyderco had a factory in Canada, eh?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
endgame

Post by endgame »

It is not impossible to tell these fakes apart first scale color its allways off or color they dont make second screws.third if you have two the serial number on the boxes are the same.the last is the liner there is one cutout on presentation side at butt of knife and two on backside this way is the alltimate test.pluss all steels say s30v so if you have a smurf blue g10 and it doesnt say m390 on it fake or the orange doesnt have cts on it.ebay is tricky but buy from reputable dealers there are some on there.ask questions before you buy.only buy from sellers with 100%feedback.allways pay PayPal they protect you well and refund any deal that sold you a counterfit.I never got a fake before from ebay but it does happen.never order from aliexpress
can't freehand

Post by can't freehand »

awa54 wrote:this in an auction from ebay seller firebirdlefty68 :

**This Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is new in the box with papers.
Coral blue G-10 scales with stainless steel liners,pocket clip and compression lock, lanyard hole.
3.438" flat ground CPM-S30V plain edge blade with satin finish and thumb hole.
4.812" closed and 8.281" open, 3.7oz
Please check out all pictures and ask any questions before you bid or buy you must be 18 or older
I do combine shipping

Some call these fakes or clones they are better built than the Spyderco Byrd knives.Spyderco has factories in China,Taiwan,Canada and the USA how are we to know what we are buying if we are not experts.Spyderco is just like Buck,Gerber,Schrade and Kershaw owned by China and they will do what ever they want they do own the rights and will clone or fake there own knives thanks to Spyderco you don't know what you are getting but when you buy a knife for half or less than its worth you should know you get what you pay for these knives sell for up to $175.00 and you have to be an expert to tell the difference.if you like what you see then buy it if not please don't bid or buy. If you want a Spyderco but can't afford a $175.00 this is for you.they are very will made knives for the price not junk like Frost cutlery or rough rider knives.i bought this on eBay not from China.**

"they do own the rights and will clone or fake there own knives thanks to Spyderco you don't know what you are getting" ...Talk about blaming the victim!
I especially like the "Some call these fakes" part... if they aren't genuine Spyderco products then what the h**l are they if not fakes??
if you want a Spyderco, but can't afford a $175 (for a PM2) ...then get a Tenacious!
Owned by China?!? I bet that's news to Sal & Eric.
That seller should be prosecuted. Blatant fraud is a civil liability.