Para-Military Fake or Original?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
utor

Para-Military Fake or Original?

Post by utor »

can you please help me figuring out if this is original or fake?

:spyder:
thank you so much in advance!
utor
dreadpirate

Re: Para-Military Fake or Original?

Post by dreadpirate »

Looks real to me. I would weigh it and see if the weight is correct. Seems to me that would be the first indicator of a fake would be a weight discrepancy since the steel density would be different.
KnifeJunky83

Post by KnifeJunky83 »

It looks fake to me , the lanyard hole is sharp looking ... Spyderco chamfers the tube, it shouldn't meet the g-10 flush like that ... Just my two cents.
:spyder: "A lazy man carries a dull knife" :spyder:
:spyder: "If you're not carrying a knife, you may as well be wearing a skirt!" :spyder:
MattM68

Post by MattM68 »

Something about that jumping just doesn't look right. And the lanyard hole doesn't appear chamfered like the genuine Para 2. Maybe some other pictures would help. I'm hoping it's real, but I'm not too sure.

Matt
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Never seen jimping that off on the spine of a PM2 before...also doesn't look angled back like the jimping is on a real PM2. My instinct is that the knife is a fake...I'd bet money on it being a fake.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I'm very dubious. Where did you buy it? I'm not 100% but i would be willing to bet a cool $100 it was not bought at any of the trusted dealers that we use and recommend. Any takers? ;)
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

All of my paras seem identical and I noticed that my jimping is less severe on all 3 models and Eric's mark is placed differently.
The cutout for the finger on the lock isn't a perfect curve like yours, one side curves differently on mine.
Also did you change the lock position? I wont say for sure but all mine came with the lock in the tip down like my gray and CF show.

Upon further inspection the Golden Co. etching is different on mine also.

In my eyes this is definitive proof of questionable origin.

I'm already questioning leaving the details up as I do not want to give the counterfeiters any tips...

what say you?
MadMaximus

Post by MadMaximus »

Fake, the G10 is not properly shaped for the lock opening, the G10 is rounded on the edges, and all of the torx screws appear to be wrong as well (should be T8 and T10-for pivot). Dead give away. How much steel is milled from the liners? Should be two on the non locking side and one on the side with the lock bar.
Top Five : :bug-red-white : PM2 Maxamet, Native 5 LW SPY27, Para 3 20CV, Military Cruwear, PM1 D2