New Version of the Autonomy™ Automatic

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
holeshot

Re: New Version of the Autonomy™ Automatic

Post by holeshot »

Got mine about a week ago and it is a great knife. I also ordered a spring repair kit which runs about $15 and includes two replacement springs and the instructions and tools needed to replace the spring.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

holeshot wrote:Got mine about a week ago and it is a great knife. I also ordered a spring repair kit which runs about $15 and includes two replacement springs and the instructions and tools needed to replace the spring.
Where did you order the spring repair kit if you don't mind me asking? Or you Can pm me if you want
Thanks
Murdawg

Post by Murdawg »

Hi,
Where did you get the spring replacement kit?
Thank you!
Dawg
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

I would also like to know where I might purchase a spring replacement kit. Thanks.
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

I, too, would like to know where I may get a spring replacement kit.
Mike
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

sal wrote:We're considering other blade shapes.

sal
Any updates on this?
:spyder: jstrange
vivi

Post by vivi »

How difficult are these to open? Would you be afraid to carry one IWB? would you be afraid of it opening if you were carrying IWB and bumped into something pretty hard, for example?

I don't normally consider autos at all, but I like the overall design of this. If it had a larger opening hole I'd see about trying to convert it to manual, but as it is I'm still tempted to give it a shot. I'm all about H1, and the H1/G10 offerings are currently pretty slim. In fact I think this is the only one.

Knives staying closed in my pocket is very high on my list of priorities, though.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Vivi wrote:How difficult are these to open? Would you be afraid to carry one IWB? would you be afraid of it opening if you were carrying IWB and bumped into something pretty hard, for example?

I don't normally consider autos at all, but I like the overall design of this. If it had a larger opening hole I'd see about trying to convert it to manual, but as it is I'm still tempted to give it a shot. I'm all about H1, and the H1/G10 offerings are currently pretty slim. In fact I think this is the only one.

Knives staying closed in my pocket is very high on my list of priorities, though.
I'm carrying an Autonomy right now. The safety on this thing is a true beast. You will not accidentally take it off safety - there's an authoritative click when you move it between safe and locked. If you were to carry it on "fire", so to speak, I think the chances of depressing the button are pretty darn slim. The button takes a heck of a lot of force to depress. I wouldn't carry it IWB not on safe, just because why would you??, but I'd have no fear whatsoever if I had it on safe.

It's a real beast of a knife. I'd like to hold it next to the Benchmade Adamas. It's pretty darn beefy like that.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder: