SPYDERCO AUTONOMY (C165GSBBK)

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
fellyjr

SPYDERCO AUTONOMY (C165GSBBK)

Post by fellyjr »

Does anyone know how many of these will be produced?
hudsonhawk

Re: SPYDERCO AUTONOMY (C165GSBBK)

Post by hudsonhawk »

I'd also like to know this. Given that citadels and embassy's were fairly short-lived and command high prices when they come around, I'm curious if the Autonomy will be in production for a while?
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No way to tell. The black Autonomy is a regular production item, not a Sprint or Exclusive, so I imagine Spyderco will make as many as sales dictate for as long as they sell. Only question is how large a market there will be, given its relatively unconventional configuration and the special hoops Spyderco is forced to jump through when it comes to selling automatics.

I do wonder if the cassettes and tools are also restricted, or if they'll be available to civilians through regular channels.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

The Deacon wrote:I do wonder if the cassettes and tools are also restricted, or if they'll be available to civilians through regular channels.
I was able to order extra pocket clips for mine but that may be because the Manix 2 LW uses the same one's.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Get two wile you can tgey are 209$ at most stores and worth every penny.I hope maybe a sprint run of the orange comes out maybe with a srraight edge instead of spyderedge.I see it as a perfect tool for fisherman divers and first responders.spyderedge is better for those purposes.the straight edge maybe for landlubbers