Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Shortened, lightened, and Wharncliffed a 93mm Rescue Blue. Also put on a spare black clip - I want the nice, shiny one for something else. This is going to work...

- best wishes, Jazz.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Nice jazz I like it,

Travis better picture stat! Looks like you did a fine job tho.

@xptnl, yeah you loose the texture, im sure you could rough it up a bit, but I smoothed mine out. It has similar feel to smooth cf. I have been toying with the idea of some dimples ala Kevin Wilkins, but the way the para fits the hand grip hasint been an issue yet.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

Jazz, you need to post a tutorial on your wharnification. I love the wharnies you do.
-Ryan
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

maa14 wrote:Nice. I like black and blue g10. Also, what happened to your chaparral? Looks like you just unlocked it with your middle finger in the vid.
My slippie video? LOL That was a tab in the lockbar, fake vid ;) I was trying to make it smooth.....to no avail. Also its grey and black g10, crappy lighting lol
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

w3tnz wrote:Nice jazz I like it,

Travis better picture stat! Looks like you did a fine job tho.

@xptnl, yeah you loose the texture, im sure you could rough it up a bit, but I smoothed mine out. It has similar feel to smooth cf. I have been toying with the idea of some dimples ala Kevin Wilkins, but the way the para fits the hand grip hasint been an issue yet.
Sure thing, when we get our broadband back.......**** Telecom and their crap internet lol.
Donut

Post by Donut »

w3tnz wrote:WIP..
That thing is amazing, I want one!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
maa14

Post by maa14 »

razorsharp wrote:My slippie video? LOL That was a tab in the lockbar, fake vid ;) I was trying to make it smooth.....to no avail. Also its grey and black g10, crappy lighting lol
Yea ok I thought it was fake haha. Wow it is grey and black???? Haha Still looks good but it also still looks blue.
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
God'sMyJudge

Post by God'sMyJudge »

Donut wrote:That thing is amazing, I want one!
i do too. i wish they'd do a sprint in this color and elmax
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Orion's Belt wrote:Jazz, you need to post a tutorial on your wharnification. I love the wharnies you do.
Thank you very much. I use the Cento 4 for a model - I love the shape. Here's a link to a tutorial I made...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... highlight=

- best wishes, Jazz.
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Those para2 scales are sick! Natural g10 looks sweet on the para2!
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Douglas

WharnCaly CE

Post by Douglas »

In its original SE configuration I found the serrations on my Caly 3 to be untenably long and pointy, I presume due to the steep grind angle of the FFG blade as compared to the much less pronounced teeth on my CE saber-ground Delica. After damaging the tips of several of the serrations under fairly ordinary use I'd more or less given up on carrying this knife, but looking at it one day I put a straightedge alongside the blade from the first group of serrations to the tip and got it into my head to try something:

It's pretty much my ideal work edc now. A couple serration tips in close to the handle to assist in cutting through the outer jacket of multi-conductor cable without nicking the inner jackets, and a mean anti-packaging blade out front, all in my all-time favourite ergonomic package.
Attachments
wharncaly.jpg
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Douglas wrote:In its original SE configuration I found the serrations on my Caly 3 to be untenably long and pointy, I presume due to the steep grind angle of the FFG blade as compared to the much less pronounced teeth on my CE saber-ground Delica. After damaging the tips of several of the serrations under fairly ordinary use I'd more or less given up on carrying this knife, but looking at it one day I put a straightedge alongside the blade from the first group of serrations to the tip and got it into my head to try something:

[ATTACH]20410[/ATTACH]

It's pretty much my ideal work edc now. A couple serration tips in close to the handle to assist in cutting through the outer jacket of multi-conductor cable without nicking the inner jackets, and a mean anti-packaging blade out front, all in my all-time favourite ergonomic package.
Urban caly :D
Mr_Moe

Post by Mr_Moe »

w3tnz wrote:I realised that the digi-cam is actually just natural g10 scale with the pattern overlayed in the top layer, if you sand back the scale far enough to remove the layer that has the pattern, you are left with the translucent natural g10. Its not quite that simple as the fixings pass through the scales etc but thats minor trivia.

Im sooo happy with how it came out, Im a sucker for natural g10. I love the translucence and the way it looks against the steel.

Ah if only it glowed in the dark !
Absolutely ultra mega freaking awesome!
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Great job w3tnz! I'd say we're looking at a prototype for another SPRINT RUN!!! :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

^^^^^
Nicely done, w3tnz. I agree; that would be a super-cool Sprint Run idea. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

SpyderNut wrote:^^^^^
Nicely done, w3tnz. I agree; that would be a super-cool Sprint Run idea. :)
sprint with s110v??? would be awesome
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Mako109 wrote:Great job w3tnz! I'd say we're looking at a prototype for another SPRINT RUN!!! :D
+1 . . I would buy that in a heartbeat!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

Thanks for the link Jazz! I may have to give that a try sometime!
-Ryan
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Wow thanks for the positive feedback, didin't think there would be so much love for natural g10.

A sprint would be awesome! Hopefully someone at :spyder: co is paying attention :)
KonaBadger

Post by KonaBadger »

Technically this is my first post, but I used to be on here as BushBadger. It's been a long time and a move from Philly to Florida and I just couldn't remember my original log in, doh! Anyhoo here's my latest mod PPT with lime green holy G10 Batman!
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54 ... /018-1.jpg[/img]]Image
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54 ... /016-3.jpg[/img]]Image
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54 ... /012-7.jpg[/img]]Image
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54 ... /010-8.jpg[/img]]Image