UKPK Bit Me

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
remnar

UKPK Bit Me

Post by remnar »

So I was out trying to show the UKPK some love today and right after I took this picture...

This happened...

It was totally my own fault. After pulling the knife out of the water, and without thinking :confused: , I gave the knife a quick shake to remove some of the water. The blade snapped closed and hit me right on the top of my first knuckle. I know better, but I guess that I had a little brain lapse. After getting home and cleaning it up a little, I could see that it wasn't as bad as it initially looked.

One more lesson that I learned today: It is very difficult to take pictures with just my left hand. :D
Liquid Cobra

Re: UKPK Bit Me

Post by Liquid Cobra »

..and like a true knife nut you documented your cut with a photo. We're a special breed aren't we? I need to get one of those blue UKPK's. I think I waited too long, my local shop is finally out of them.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
remnar

Post by remnar »

I think I just saw a bunch of blue ones at Warriors and Wonders.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

I don't see weeding ring on the hand. So before weedings its heals. ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

remnar wrote:I think I just saw a bunch of blue ones at Warriors and Wonders.
They have some, but not the PE leaf shape :(
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

There is that weaker spring. I hope you heal quickly!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Ouch!
Oh well, clean cut should heal quickly!
Going back to Caly.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Donut wrote:There is that weaker spring. I hope you heal quickly!
The spring on this one is weaker than any other slip-it that I own. That's definitely something that I need to be mindful of.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Ah fun times. I just gave my LNIB Blue UkPk SE to a good friend of mine. I figured she'd probably use it more than me. Very nice blade though. elegant and smooth.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

This is why I don't own a UKPN, or any non locking folders. I like my fingers (I still end up cutting myself though).
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Officer Gigglez wrote:This is why I don't own a UKPN, or any non locking folders. I like my fingers (I still end up cutting myself though).
Not like you can't cut yourself with any blade out there, fixed, locking, slip joint, etc.
Use a blade and you're bound to get a cut here or there.
What's even worse is having a blade you thought was locked unintentionally close.
Going back to Caly.
BTG

Post by BTG »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Officer Gigglez wrote:This is why I don't own a UKPN, or any non locking folders. I like my fingers (I still end up cutting myself though).
Not like you can't cut yourself with any blade out there, fixed, locking, slip joint, etc.
What's even worse is having a blade you thought was locked unintentionally close.
Is there any advantage to a non locking blade? I don't own any accept for a small trapper and a Swiss army.. I thought made for the UK only because they can't use lock blades.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

BTG wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:
Is there any advantage to a non locking blade? I don't own any accept for a small trapper and a Swiss army.. I thought made for the UK only because they can't use lock blades.

No advantage I can see. I'm by no means any sort of slipit/slip joint expert though.
Going back to Caly.