Me Domino

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Gary W Graley

Me Domino

Post by Gary W Graley »

Through a round about way, several trades later, I ended up with this very nice Domino with CTS-XHP blade, while some have commented they didn't care for the carbon fiber laminate, I find it very appealing and it provides a small amount of texture, here's some shots of my recent trade;

that weave is really funky and kool at the same time, here you can see the texture

I just sharpened it up and it took a very nice edge, overall a great knife, Mr Eric G, excellent job sir!
G2
Evil D

Re: Me Domino

Post by Evil D »

I prefer your standard weave CF, but it is a very handsome scale. I have it on my Sage 3 and it's a real nice looking knife.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Amazing photos!

I could flip a domino all day long!
Going back to Caly.
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

Thanks, I showed the weave photo to the guys at work, they were blown away, full size you can easily see all the threads, pretty kool stuff.
G2
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Gary W Graley wrote:Thanks, I showed the weave photo to the guys at work, they were blown away, full size you can easily see all the threads, pretty kool stuff.
G2

Yeah I bet if your photos were used as the stock production sales photos there would be more fans! Hard to argue with how deep and beautiful that texture is...
And what's funny is I see a lot of ZT and other blade owners trying to get this "basket weave" carbon as a custom scale for their folders!
Going back to Caly.
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

Funny you should say that, as my main carry before getting the D was a ZT, they are pretty close in size, the D being a little thicker seems handier and the texture just enough that it makes a good difference;

Hope those don't ruffle any feathers, but it's a comparison that others might like to see too.
G2
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah no reason to have tunnel vision and blindly brand biased as there are other good folders out there as well. I too have a ZT, but an 0566 black wash.
Going back to Caly.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Great photo's, loving my domino
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Those are some excellent photos Gary, thanks for sharing them!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
pcguy23

Post by pcguy23 »

Yes,
Nice photos,
I have two Dominos,
One user, one safe queen
Was torn between a Dice or a Techno and ordered the techno today, the Dice will just have to come later
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

Thanks guys, I am really liking this one, I had the Southard, but found the blade was overall too thick spined for my cutting needs, this is ground down thin and full flat grind works great.
G2
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Nice pictures as usual Gary. Completely agree with your observations on the blade geometry. It was the reason I got one! :-)