Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
jmh58

Re: Show off your latest purchase

Post by jmh58 »

Holland wrote:
Jazz wrote:
Holland wrote:
Jazz wrote:Holland - I want to see some pics of the Salt 1 after you give it your trademark usage marks. My most used knife is a Salt 1. Love it. Can't wait for the black blade one.
I wish I would have gotten the knife sooner... I graduate in a couple weeks and will be looking for an accounting job soon. This means no more construction work and significantly less opportunity to use my knives :(
Crappy, but good luck finding a job, bro.
Thanks! Part of me doesn't want to land one to quickly... The thought of sitting in a chair for 8 hours sounds awful... almost wish i would have taken engineering or something else haha. Only working 8 hours a day will be nice though, since graduating high school my hours were always 60+ a week during the summer and fall
You may have picked the wrong line of work if ya dont like sitting for a spell.. The wife works for Bayer (Yep..aspirin people) in the accounting dept and is in front of her computer 10-12hrs a day.. Hope it all works out for ya and Good Luck!!! :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
DeJaynes

Post by DeJaynes »

I'm pretty new to collecting Spyderco knives, but these are the folders that I've acquired in the last few weeks, the Vallotton being today! I've got a question for you Spydie experts. I'm wanting another Light/Medium use EDC, and I'm stuck between the Gayle Bradley with the CPM-M4 Hollow Ground Blade, for $122.89, or the Spyderco Stretch with the ZDP-189 FFG in British Racing Green for $89.89. Pros & Cons would be greatly appreciated. I also have very large hands, which is why I unfortunately sent back my Marcin Slysz Techno, I could barely get a comfortable 3 finger grip on the handle....BUT I'm waiting for the Marcin Slysz Bowie to drop in price, haha. Thanks much. :p
Attachments
Smaller.jpg
Holland

Post by Holland »

The B&T is the nicest knife I have ever had the pleasure of holding! Exceeded my expectations! :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
remnar

Post by remnar »

I've been eyeing this one for months and last week I finally broke (and then I was broke :D ).
I think I'll keep it in the kitchen.

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This handly looking little pair came in today. I really love the look of these serrations. Wish we could see more of this pattern in folders.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Added the SB Endura to complete my FRN set... :)

Now all I need are the Caly's
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

farnorthdan wrote:Added the SB Endura to complete my FRN set... :)

Congrats man, that's a great collection of Super Blue. Do you own the Caly's as well?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

Congrats man, that's a great collection of Super Blue. Do you own the Caly's as well?
On the hunt for the caly's, so any leads are appreciated..... ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

My latest. Born in the USA, Changed in Germany , Loved in Belgium..

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Very nice, apollo, especially with the Spyderco clip. So, how do you use knives like the Para with your stupid laws there?
- best wishes, Jazz.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Apollo, now that is a PM2 I would wait in line for. Most of the others don't appeal to me unless the steel interests me, but yours is stunning.... and so well traveled also.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Jazz wrote:Very nice, apollo, especially with the Spyderco clip. So, how do you use knives like the Para with your stupid laws there?
Good question.
First i have luck Belgium is still one of the better country's to live in Europe if you love knives. The laws of the uk or denmark are much much worse.
Our law gives you the chanse to carry a knife with a lock and a bigger blade if you have a good reason. Like work,hiking,fishing,...
So i use them the same way as you guy's do. :)
i just think before i take them out of my pocket. Where i live having a knife in youre pocket is never a problem. no cops for miles..

but our policeforce is so screwed up they do not know the laws.. So If you get cought with a knife you pay a fine and they take youre knife away most times that's it.
(Unless you are an idiot that will take his knives to the airport or a soccergame. or if you use it to do something illegal then you are screwed.. )
I can also say the following if i should buy a szabo folder and have it in my pocket or i would have a swiss army knife a cop from here would be afraid from both of them... **** they even are afraid of a toothpick.

for Edc i carry a techno so the sheeple's are not afraid when i use it like say in a store to open a cardboardbox a a plastic wrap around bigger amounts of bottles or something like that.
My Bigger knives see the use around the house and in the weekends i take them to the local forrests. ( i must say what i call a forrest you call youre back yard :D )
When i go to a city i put my techno in the coinbag of ma wallet so no risk of attention from the cops when they are standing next to you. :cool:

So i can say i can carry my spydie's when i want where i want i just need to think before i act. :)

And thx xceptnl. I must say i already bought and sold the para 2 for 2 times. I love the design i love the blade but i hated the boring g10 for some reason i can not say. Now when i wanted a new para for the collection i let cuscadi make me one i know i will like unthil the end of time ;).
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

farnorthdan wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:

On the hunt for the caly's, so any leads are appreciated..... ;)
Bento Box Shop has A Caly 3 SB. The price however..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yea they are real proud of their caly 3 for sure, keep checking the exchange but they dont pop up very often and go fast when they do.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Need to post pics on the new stuff I got, manix xl dlc, salt saver, spydk, street bowie
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Jump to next level!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I feel like such a hoor, broke down, just couldnt resist any longer, please dont hate me for I am weak....just had to have that Caly 3, accepting all leads on the 3.5, then I'll stop, I swear. :D

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Holy crap you got one! That has to be the fastest turn around ever lol. Did you go the BBS route? Congrats by the way.

@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Holy crap you got one! That has to be the fastest turn around ever lol. Did you go the BBS route? Congrats by the way.
I plead the fifth, my asbestos coveralls are at the cleaners..... ;)