Rubicon picture topic...

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: Rubicon picture topic...

Post by apollo »

IG-88 wrote:Nice thread! Thx Apollo for starting it :)
Thx i love this thread. :D. I have no words for how much i love my Rubicon.. it's the most precious thing in my life . It stands for a new beginning.
This knife made me feel who i am and wich road i want to travel in my life. :)
greetings

Dimi
apollo

Post by apollo »

Absulutly stunning pic's IG-88. :D

Here is a new x-mas pic for the thread. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
apollo

Post by apollo »

Beautyfull pic's guys. I hope this thread will multiply soon and also hope that this thread make's the guys from the forum come to the point of buying this beauty 1's or 2's :D :p
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Definitely a thread I can contribute to now!

My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
apollo

Post by apollo »

Stunning Pictures ! i can learn something from those. :eek:

I hope to see you in the amsterdam meet next year. (i'm looking at the forums everyday now waiting so i can put me on the list) :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Apollo,
Do you have room for one more in the group? :D

Here's my latest, compliments of my beautiful bride:

apollo

Post by apollo »

SpyderNut wrote:Apollo,
Do you have room for one more in the group? :D
Offcourse SpyderNut i will allways have room for everyone who loves the Rubicon. ;) Beautyfull picture you made i love how the details of the wood make the Rubicon extra classy! Really nice job. and say hi to youre new bride for me. ;) I'm looking forward unthil tomorrow today it is snowing here in belgium (last time was 2 years ago) So i can not wait to take my Rubicon out for another trip to the woods and let it stand out against the beautyfull snowy landscape :D .

I'm glad my topic is such a small succes at the moment and i hope it will grow further and further and will attrackt a few more of the legendary spydercofollowers on this forums like yourself and Mister Blond. (Because i am only a small fish in the big spydercoforum tank :p )

I think the Rubicon is THE knife from spyderco that deserves a thread like this. It is more then a beautyfull knife it is a piece of spyderco History in the making and a mile stone for all the great goodness that will come in the Future. ( Thinking the Nirvana for example ).

I also am a lover of the "golden era" spyderco's but i must say with knives like the rubicon the bowie and in the nearby future the nirvana and who knowes some others that are a "Sal Secret" at the moment. this Era is not going for Gold it is going for Diamant. :)

Greetings to all Dimitri
apollo

Post by apollo »

Here is the new snow pic. :D

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks, Dimitri! I enjoy your pictures also (especially the one with the Rubicon in the snow). In my picture above, the wooden bowl was actually a gift to my wife. The bowl is made from driftwood and kind of gives off a lake-ish kind of motif. :) Man, I am seriously enjoying this knife! I haven't set it down since Thursday. :o
apollo

Post by apollo »

SpyderNut wrote:Thanks, Dimitri! I enjoy your pictures also (especially the one with the Rubicon in the snow). In my picture above, the wooden bowl was actually a gift to my wife. The bowl is made from driftwood and kind of gives off a lake-ish kind of motif. :) Man, I am seriously enjoying this knife! I haven't set it down since Thursday. :o
Thx. i keep on trying to make a picture that snap's the pure beauty of the Rubicon. And i also hope to take 1 good enough to enter in next years calendar contest :) . ( i already have one i also took today in the snow that is going to be a secret unthil i made a better one.)
it is a personal dream of mine to have a picture in that calendar.. :)
by the way that is one beautyfull bowl!
And i know what you meen i have it a few weeks now and i just can not let it out of my hands.. I never felt about a knife this way before. :o

And just something i saw yesterday that made me smile. When i was watching a movie last night (also in the same time flipping the rubicon offcourse :D ) I noticed that the Jeep that lara croft (angelina Jolie) drives in the end of the second Tomb Raider movie called the cradle of life. Is Also called the Rubicon :D

greetings
apollo

Post by apollo »

New pic i took today. :)
It was a cold and wet day so the Rubi helped me making lanyards for my para 2 and Superleaf. And he like it. :D
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I received my Rubicon yesterday, and tried to take some pics this morning. This knife is difficult to photograph. I'll try to set up my studio lights and get some better shots soon. Fit and finish is off the charts on this one! Very nice!

:bug-red-white
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Those shots look great gbelleh, what do you think of the clip, mine is super tight and actually hard to get onto my Carhartt pocket, still trying to decide how to remedy.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

My clip is actually the opposite. It doesn't quite touch the scale (a fraction of a millimeter off the scale). But still plenty tight to grip the pocket. I'm not sure how this clip would react to bending.
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:Those shots look great gbelleh, what do you think of the clip, mine is super tight and actually hard to get onto my Carhartt pocket, still trying to decide how to remedy.
That's interesting. The clip on mine appears to be correct in terms of tension. However, I have tended to carry it loosely in my pocket vs. clipped out of fear of damaging the delicate tip of the orange G-10 spacer.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Great pictures guys, loving my Rubicon so far. I haven't taken any worthwhile pictures of mine yet, but I do have a question. Does anyone have pictures of a disassembled Rubicon? I am particularly interested in seeing if the lockface was treated in any way as with the Southard or Techno.
apollo

Post by apollo »

The clip of my Rubicon is the perfect tension. :)
And i do not have pictures of the Rubicon disassembled. I must say i never disassemble a spydie. I only did it ones with my manix 2 for my scale swap. :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I haven't tried to dissemble mine either--I wouldn't want to void the warranty. :o I am not sure if the lock-bar face was treated. From the looks of it, I would say it probably wasn't, but it is hard to say based on the finish of the titanium.