Hunting Pic

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
remnar

Hunting Pic

Post by remnar »

Tree hunting that is. It took a few hours, but my son and I finally found a good one. The Byrd helped trim the base so we could get the saw in there.

Jazz

Re: Hunting Pic

Post by Jazz »

Nice picture, and I can almost smell the tree!
- best wishes, Jazz.
shoper

Post by shoper »

Awesome pic. And I'm pretty sure the edge is so sharp.
To stop the attacker, hit him with expandable batons
Holland

Post by Holland »

shoper wrote:Awesome pic. And I'm pretty sure the edge is so sharp.
Welcome to the forums!

Awesome pic Remnar
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
remnar

Post by remnar »

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Jazz, The smell of that tree is wonderful. Nothing beets the smell of a freshly cut tree at Christmas time.

Shoper, Welcome to the forum. I bought the Byrd Hawkbill specifically to use around the yard to trim brush, blackberries and other vegetation. It does have a nice edge that is easy to maintain and works well for these tasks. It was a bargain at $15. :eek:

I love getting my $5 permit and trekking into the wild to find my tree. It is a great family adventure. Does anybody else still do this or does everybody just buy from the store or the Christmas tree farm?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

remnar wrote:Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Jazz, The smell of that tree is wonderful. Nothing beets the smell of a freshly cut tree at Christmas time.

Shoper, Welcome to the forum. I bought the Byrd Hawkbill specifically to use around the yard to trim brush, blackberries and other vegetation. It does have a nice edge that is easy to maintain and works well for these tasks. It was a bargain at $15. :eek:

I love getting my $5 permit and trekking into the wild to find my tree. It is a great family adventure. Does anybody else still do this or does everybody just buy from the store or the Christmas tree farm?
I agree wholeheartedly on the benefit of fresh-cut Christmas trees vs. artificial trees. Disclaimer: my wife and I use an artificial tree, but this is only because it was a beautiful ten-footer Fraiser fir that was on sale :o. Despite this, my in-laws have always used a live tree in their own home. Each year, we have a neat family tradition of piling into the family truck and heading to our local tree farm to help them choose their tree. We spend about an hour or two searching for the *perfect* tree (usually while braving inclement weather and freezing temps :rolleyes: ). My father-in-law's and my opinion on the trees is generally taken under advisement from the women-folk. In the end, my wife selects the tree and my father-in-law does the honor of cutting it down. We then load things up and head off to a hot home-cooked meal at a local diner. It's nothing fancy, but it is something I look forward to every year. :) And yes, I too love the smell of a freshly cut tree. One of my favorite things about Christmas.

Nice pic too, sir. Thanks for sharing this.
remnar

Post by remnar »

SpyderNut,

We do have a backup tree in the shed. It isn't bad for a fake, but it usually only gets used when the snow level is too low to get to the good wild trees. It sounds like you have a nice family tradition...keep it going. Family time should be cherished.