New Delica Goes Fly Fishing

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Trout Hound

New Delica Goes Fly Fishing

Post by Trout Hound »

I took my new Delica up to the NC mountains for its first trout fishing trip today.

A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
SpyderNut

Re: New Delica Goes Fly Fishing

Post by SpyderNut »

Nicely done, Trout Hound. I really like the "real-world" pics too. How was the fishing?
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

Thanks! Actually, the fishing was pretty bad. I decided to try a new stream that looked promising, but in three hours, and a half mile of water, all I saw were horny head suckers. I finally redeployed to a stocked stream, and saved the day with one little 8" brown trout. I hooked another that was probably 12-13", but the little bugger hung me up on a rock and was gone. Still a good day, though. It's hard to have a bad day on a Blue Ridge mountain stream.
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks for sharing! Look forward to more posts of your fishing adventures! (hint hint... ;) )
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

Holland wrote:Thanks for sharing! Look forward to more posts of your fishing adventures! (hint hint... ;) )
I'll get right on that. :D

Trout Hound