Need help identifying this Spyderco.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Ram4x4

Need help identifying this Spyderco.

Post by Ram4x4 »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and to Spyderco so if I have posted this incorrectly I apologize. I need some help identifying this knife as I can't seem to find out much information about it. I have looked around the internet and have never seen another one like it. It looks like a Delica model, it is stamped Vg 10 and Seki city Japan. I would like to try and find out how old it is as well as it's approximate value. Thanks for looking. :)
Attachments
P1040411.JPG
farnorthdan

Re: Need help identifying this Spyderco.

Post by farnorthdan »

Looks like a Delica to me, not sure of vintage or value but it is nice looking, also welcome to the forum Ram4x4
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, Ram4x4,

Like Dan mentioned, your knife appears to be a customized stainless steel Delica made for NRS. NRS is a tack and western wear supplier located in Decatur, Texas. I found a less-ornate Delica on their website: https://www.nrsworld.com/spyderco/spyde ... knife-9075 for about $100. I am not sure how much your model is actually worth, but you may want to search completed ebay auctions to see if anyone has sold a similar model.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Since the steel is VG-10, it's a Delica 4 and was made sometime in the last 10 years or so.

As for value, that of any Spyderco with aftermarket embellishment is difficult to figure and "rodeo knives" like yours perhaps the most difficult of all. They are of no interest to most Spyderco collectors, you have to find one of the limited number of people that are attracted to both the knife and that specific style of embellishment.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ram4x4

Post by Ram4x4 »

Thank you guys for the info. I was wondering what generation it was, nice to know its a 4. I would prefer it if it was non serrated. Looks to me like you would need to remove too much of the steel to remove the serrations.
Thanks again,
Ram 4x4
Tyrdle

Post by Tyrdle »

Have you tried calling the phone number on the stamp? I'm serious it might help
Last edited by Tyrdle on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

Didn't the Delica 3 have VG-10? Was the 4 the first to have removable scales?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Leadsled wrote:Didn't the Delica 3 have VG-10? Was the 4 the first to have removable scales?
Yes, it did, but the Delica 3 was FRN. The OP's knife is an all stainless Delica and, prior to the Delica 4. it only ever came in AUS-6.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Tyrdle

Post by Tyrdle »

https://www.nrsworld.com/spyderco/spyde ... ife-122067
I found it.. Most likely just a NRS (National Ropers Supply) delica with custom scales.
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2