Mr Blonde's Bunch

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
bh49

Re: Spyderco Yojimbo 2

Post by bh49 »

Mr Blonde wrote:I promise to post more this year, it's my new year's resolution!
I will remember that :)
Which Yo is your favorite?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Re: Mr Blonde's Bunch

Post by Donut »

Well, I'll forgive you if you do the normal warmup for the Amsterdam meet, then do just the Amsterdam coverage and take most of the rest of the year off. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Mr Blonde

Re: Spyderco Yojimbo 2

Post by Mr Blonde »

bh49 wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:I promise to post more this year, it's my new year's resolution!
I will remember that :)
Which Yo is your favorite?
For practical use and carry, I'd go with the plain G-10 Yojimbo 2. Collection-wise, I prefer the blue smurf Yojimbo 2 if not just for the fact I got it from my good spyder-buddy Jurphaas.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Donut wrote:Well, I'll forgive you if you do the normal warmup for the Amsterdam meet, then do just the Amsterdam coverage and take most of the rest of the year off. :p
Well, that's a penance I don't mind doing at all. I actually do have to do a warm-up again this year, as I got a new camera. :D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, I hope you're happy, Wouter. Because of your pics (again), I've ordered an FRN Native 5 S110V. You should do all their publicity photos.
- best wishes, Jazz.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Jazz wrote:Well, I hope you're happy, Wouter. Because of your pics (again), I've ordered an FRN Native 5 S110V. You should do all their publicity photos.
not a surprise. Wouter does this to me all the time :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Jazz wrote:Well, I hope you're happy, Wouter. Because of your pics (again), I've ordered an FRN Native 5 S110V. You should do all their publicity photos.
Thank you, that's a nice compliment and it does make me happy! I actually got an FRN n5 in s110v as well now, great knife!
Mr Blonde

Spyderco Peter Carey Firefly

Post by Mr Blonde »

Love this knife, much better than I thought I would. A gent's knife that can do some hard work too.

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Wouter,
As always, beautiful pictures. I am afraid that even you cannot sell me Firefly. At least at this time. May be after you will do full review :) .
But Rubikon is started to grow on me a little while ago. And your pictures killing my resistance to spend money :o
Roman

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

That Firefly looks incredible!
Going back to Caly.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

bh49 wrote:Wouter,
As always, beautiful pictures. I am afraid that even you cannot sell me Firefly. At least at this time. May be after you will do full review :) .
But Rubikon is started to grow on me a little while ago. And your pictures killing my resistance to spend money :o
Roman
Thank you Roman, but I won't be able to pull off a complete review for a while. I'm getting ready for the meet...
Mr Blonde

Spyderco Amsterdam Meet - Practice Photos

Post by Mr Blonde »

Time to unpack the portable photo studio, to see if everything still works. New for this year are two new professional grade light bulbs and a new camera. I'm still tweaking some details in the process, but I'm pretty happy with how this first test run turned out.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They look like they're floating in heaven. Looks great to me! Can't wait for your Amsterdam thread!
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It looks like everything is working fine. Even Foliage green looks better than in real life. :) I am regreting again that I didn't buy smooth bone Kiwi, when it was available. Burple still no-no. And Damascuss Caly3 still one of the best looking knives.
Excellent job Wouter. I cannot wait to see your pictures and read your impressions from Amsterdam meet. Please, take Shaman's pictures for me :)

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great stuff sir, I especially like the close-up of the blue PM2 compression lock, so clear and crisp.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I hate to say this, but the blades are a bit hard to see with the white. Maybe it's just me. :confused:
- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jazz wrote:I hate to say this, but the blades are a bit hard to see with the white. Maybe it's just me. :confused:
He'll have to be very very careful with reflection using that backdrop. The only pics that blends for me is the first Military pic, and only at the tip of the blade where some reflection is showing, and the last Caly pic at the top of the bolster.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks guys! I'm working on just that little blending problem. On my monitor it only shows with the knives/parts that Evil D mentioned.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very impressive, Wouter. I love how the colors seem to "pop" with the bright white background. I think it would be awesome if you could give us a mini tutorial on how to take photos like that some day. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Jazz wrote:I hate to say this, but the blades are a bit hard to see with the white. Maybe it's just me. :confused:
They all look fine to me. A couple are close very near the tips, but still seem to be within range. Are you using a calibrated display (with a browser that supports color profiles)?