Hello all I bought a Spyderco knife

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Markclark

Hello all I bought a Spyderco knife

Post by Markclark »

Hello,
I finally purchased my first Spyderco knife. I bought the knife just outside of our town. It is used but beyond that i know nothing about it. I knew it was a spyderco when looking at the pictures in the ad as it had the hole.

Can someone tell me if its fairly new or old, if it has a model name and steel type? I love the ease of pushing the blade open, its so smooth and the clip is handy for clipping as opposed to inside the bottom of a pocket. It did come with a homemade seat belt material case with velcro for storing.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Being used to small folders older I feel thrilled to finally get a modern knife.

Regards,
Mark
Holland

Re: Hello all I bought a Spyderco knife

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the the forums!

That looks like the C05 spyderco economy. It was produced from 1984 to 1994 and the steel is AUS6 I believe
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Looks like an old Economy to me, nice find!
Also, welcome to the forum! :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Holland

Post by Holland »

If you want a modern version, the delica 4 is the closest thing
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum, nice find, hope you lots of use out of it.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Markclark

Post by Markclark »

Thank you all very much for welcoming me and for the information on the knife. I didnt realize it was as old as it was. It sits on my hip now and i will use it daily.
I see some of the knives have screws so the clip can be removed this one i dont think i have that option but its no big deal.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I have one of those in SE!! NICE score!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
remnar

Post by remnar »

Markclark wrote:Thank you all very much for welcoming me and for the information on the knife. I didnt realize it was as old as it was. It sits on my hip now and i will use it daily.
I see some of the knives have screws so the clip can be removed this one i dont think i have that option but its no big deal.
The clip on your knife is what makes it so recognizable as an Economy. It is stamped directly from the handle instead of being screwed to the handle like most Spydercos.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.