Strange, Unknown, Old Spyderco?

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
J_Al_Jones

Strange, Unknown, Old Spyderco?

Post by J_Al_Jones »

Hey guys, I found this old Spyderco in the home of my uncle who passed away years ago. I've had it for quite a while, but I've never been able to find much researching it. Can anyone tell me anything about this knife? The patent number is 4347665 but there's several Spydercos that share the same patent. The weirdest part is the "Glen" logo on the handle and the fancy engravings. Never seen any other knife like this.
Attachments
IMG_6724.JPG
IMG_6723.JPG
J_Al_Jones

Re: Strange, Unknown, Old Spyderco?

Post by J_Al_Jones »

bumping
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

It appears to be a modified C11 Delica 2. It would have shipped from Spyderco with a plain steel handle, and someone added the custom engraving later.
JT

Post by JT »

Yes, def not factory made, custom engraving for sure. If you're trying to get a questimate of the value, I'd say whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Not much, unless your name is Glen. :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

GoldenSpydie wrote:It appears to be a modified C11 Delica 2. It would have shipped from Spyderco with a plain steel handle, and someone added the custom engraving later.
^ Totally spot on.

Looking at the photos, It's hard to tell what state the tip is in- but the blade looks to have had a hard life.

There are a lot of engraved all stainless Spydercos out there in the wilderness- Just Google image search "Engraved Spyderco" and you'll see loads.
Lotta folks see that big empty slab of steel as a canvas for their art.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/