My One-A-Day thread

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
demoncase

My One-A-Day thread

Post by demoncase »

So, rather than choke a thread with 70+ photos, I'm going to drop one model photo from my collection in here a day.
Strap yourselves in:

Enduras- Top model is one of my favourite users- rock-solid, the latest E4
Bottom one is one one of the earlier models with the patent stamping on the pocket clip
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
gingerninja

Re: My One-A-Day thread

Post by gingerninja »

Awesome i love these one a day threads. Thanks and looking forward to seeing your collection
adam569

Post by adam569 »

gingerninja wrote:Awesome i love these one a day threads. Thanks and looking forward to seeing your collection
+1
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Well, it's Sunday here already:
Farid K2-
Fearsome piece of kit, this, bigger even than the Military....Very slim in the pocket despite the depth of the blade.
Very slick opening and a solid lock- perfectly balanced between blade and handle too for those of that flip knives while reading.
10V has come to me scary sharp and you can't argue with a lovely big slab of titanium.

Last edited by demoncase on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

The Large Lum Chinese.
A surprisingly useful knife - very slicey!-and I love the tapering handle shape. Polished the blade a little as it deserved it.

Donut

Post by Donut »

K2 with S10V! How did you find a stainless version of 10V? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Donut wrote:K2 with S10V! How did you find a stainless version of 10V? :)
I blame autocorrect and working for a company that has a 10 Series servo-valve named S10V ;)
Last edited by demoncase on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

My brace of Polices (Police? Policix? Policeres? Policarum?...Whatever the plural is!)

Bottom one is, for me, the quintessential Spyderco knife for me- all steel, clip-carry, mid-lock serrated edge purposeful cutting tool.
This has a serious amount of pocket time and amazes everyone that has used it.
Anyone asks "What's so great about Spyderco?" I had 'em this knife

Top one is (I was told) dating from 99/2000 or so- it's a single liner, Full-flat-grind ATS-55 version. Few markings so I call it 'sterile'.
This has also seen a major amount of pocket time, so much so the G10 has worn quite smooth. Cuts like a laser too- another of my larger Spydies that's seen major pocket time.

Donut

Post by Donut »

ATS-55? Nice!

Those look almost the same size. I was under the impression that the G-10 version gave you about a half inch more blade based on the specs.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Donut wrote:ATS-55? Nice!

Those look almost the same size. I was under the impression that the G-10 version gave you about a half inch more blade based on the specs.
There's literally nothing in it- the Stainless Steel model is the AUS-8....

Donut

Post by Donut »

I think I can almost read VG-10 on the stamp.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Donut wrote:I think I can almost read VG-10 on the stamp.
You are right again....it's my one endura that's Aus-8.

On a related note: this flu I've got is messing with my head. :(

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

A brace of Civilians.
Older ATS55 model at the bottom.
Newer VG10 AT the top (gifted to the wife)Image

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

The Valloton.
I'll admit, I went back and forth over this one- the first images I saw put me off due to the prominent lock-bar. But over time the look of the sub-hilt drew me in.
The polished G10 is genuinely beautiiful and the fit/finish of the whole knife is just peerless. The whole knife has a weight of authority to it.
A very thick blade which looks to have serious tip-strength without being a 'folding pry-bar'

spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Keep them coming please!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Another day, another one of my collection:

Gayle Bradley 1
Bought this secondhand as a user and boy does the M4 perform.
Started to carry this a lot over the last few months- it's a big, solid, knife.I forced the patina with ferric chloride as the former owner had let it go patchy and added a carbon fibre pocket clip. Carbon fibre and carbon steel seems to make sense
You'll probably notice that most of my large knives are tip-down and the small ones are tip-up- just works better for me that way, I find.

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Dual D'Allaras
Drop point one is the later model
Straight edge version is my 'go to' heavy user- during our last housemove, this was my go to working knife and it ate boxes and packaging without a pause for 3 weeks.
If you've never handled these Spydies, they have a very handfilling grip without hot-spots. The only real issues are it does fill a pocket and getting at the ball-bearing with cold or wet fingers can be a challenge.

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Sprint run Dyad.

Can't decide if you want a serrated edge or a plain edge- but think combo-edges are for the birds?
This the knife for you. The pale G10 gets grubby fast, but it really sets off the knife with a classy look that compliments the bright shine of the VG10

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Today- My Yojimbo 2 with Cuscadi aero carbon fibre scales and a carbon fibre clip.
While this is one of Mr Janich's stable of self-defence designs, I find it to be an excellent day-to-day knife.
Some folks have disparagingly called it a 'tactical box cutter' but- and whisper this- I find it way more usable, ergonomic and useful than it's compression lock stablemate PM2.
The Yo2 just fits my fingers better and balances better, especially with the carbon fibre adding weight :)

Donut

Post by Donut »

Nice pics! I was always under the impression that Carbon Fiber weighed less than G-10.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.