The Show youre manixes thread.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
spydieh0le

Re: The Show youre manixes thread.

Post by spydieh0le »

Not the best pic.. but you get the idea. Now to find a M4...
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

My work knife.

I normally carry a serrated blade endura but this manix is working out ok.

I'd like to try a combo edge Saber grind model next.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

apollo wrote: Nice manix gingeminja! where is that beautyfull lake/river? :)
Hi apollo

The lake is at a reserve where i sometimes walk my dog, its called Lake Roto Kohatu. There are actually 2 lakes there. The whole place used to be a quarry and has been turned into a reserve, its a nice place to walk and only about 5 kms from my house.
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Reject wrote:Image
Holy Manix 1! I will track down a green sprint..
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I love myself a Manix! Still need to score one with some nice steel and G10.
Have two lightweight ones (one blue, one black) and an XL, but that one is no longer G10 :D

A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
BTG

Post by BTG »

Love those scales, beautiful knife there, Dutchblades.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Same knife

I like this pic

BTG

Post by BTG »

I've been trying to beef up my Manix Dept...satin XL just arrived....it'll be a while before I can spring for the cruwear, but that's next on the Manix list.
image.jpg
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

BTG wrote:Love those scales, beautiful knife there, Dutchblades.
Thanks! :D
Been making a few more pics, might have to pull them off the sd card and upload them... :p
Looking around for another G10 manix, only have this one and two regular Manix's in FRN.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I'm not a huge fan of my manix 2 but it still sees the most pocket time of any of my spyders lately. Its a he'll of a good worker. It got me carrying rfp and that took some getting used to. Still weird but it works

I had a xl but I sold it. To much knife. The lightweight is Not enough. I still have yet to try a regular manix.

If I could find one combo or fully serrated on a deal I'd pick one up. It may be just right :spyder:
perrydave

Post by perrydave »

Great to view those pictures of byrd knives with different styles. I couldn't imagine I will I style mine by posting it there also that anyone could review this.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

It is so great to see all the love for the manixes. T1000 nice catch i got the same one since a few weeks. The green lanyard on it looks awesome by the way.

Last week i got a new little manix in my collection. A second original c101 also nib.
Here the twins together. I should work on a manixes group picture one of the days. :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Apollo, I love your original backlock Manix collection and hope to get an example of the foliage green C95 sprint someday.

Here are mine, in the order purchased. The one on the left was my first ever Spyderco and the one on the right is one of the 25 or so hollow ground knives from the original 154CM Manix 2 pilot run.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
apollo

Post by apollo »

Hi DougC-3 thx i am very proud of my 4 manix 1's and my manix2's also ofcourse. :)

Very nice collection you have there i love pilot run and is that the m4 sprint next to the s110v ? :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

apollo wrote:Hi DougC-3 thx i am very proud of my 4 manix 1's and my manix2's also ofcourse. :)

Very nice collection you have there i love pilot run and is that the m4 sprint next to the s110v ? :)
Thanks, Apollo. Yes, the fourth one from the left is the M4 sprint. I bought that one used and with some pretty bad random, deep patina on the ricasso. Also, it was the only Manix I've ever had with blade play. It was so pronounced it would have to be called wobble, even when closed, and it may have been caused by abuse. I finally got rid of about 98% of the play by very slowly and carefully tightening the pivot until I actually drew in the liners and scales. I monitored my progress by measuring the gaps between the liners and blade with auto valve clearance gauges. This required such force that I think you can see from the photo that the pivot screw head is concave :eek: I don't recommend trying this at home :) ... but the pivot is still in one piece and working well.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
apollo

Post by apollo »

DougC-3 wrote: Thanks, Apollo. Yes, the fourth one from the left is the M4 sprint. I bought that one used and with some pretty bad random, deep patina on the ricasso. Also, it was the only Manix I've ever had with blade play. It was so pronounced it would have to be called wobble, even when closed, and it may have been caused by abuse. I finally got rid of about 98% of the play by very slowly and carefully tightening the pivot until I actually drew in the liners and scales. I monitored my progress by measuring the gaps between the liners and blade with auto valve clearance gauges. This required such force that I think you can see from the photo that the pivot screw head is concave :eek: I don't recommend trying this at home :) ... but the pivot is still in one piece and working well.

What a story i love it that you resurected that manix from one foot in the grave to good condition. It looks great!
I wish used manix sprints would come by more often here in europe. Then again it is hard enough to find a normal production new manix in stock here.
So sprints are almost out of the question really.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Donut

Post by Donut »

We'll see what kind of pictures I have on my blog account.

I traded this one a while back.

I got custom scales from a forum member here, this thing is still in my EDC rotation.

Titanium scales from the same member. I had one setup with an XHP blade, but I broke the ball cage and messed up the pivot screw, so I need to find a new cage before I can get it back in action. The other set, I'm still planning to get a modded FFG 154CM blade to put in them.

Here is an April Fools I tried to do this year. :)

Back before I messed up the Titanium Manix.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!