Harpy G10 find

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Rapidray

Harpy G10 find

Post by Rapidray »

Well, I had to go to the Tampa area for a hospital visit on my daughter. After all was well, I took my son, and grandson on a trip to Lakeland and visit a knife shop there. While looking at the knives I found this little jewel in the case. When I saw it, I was thinking I have heard about this one on the forum. So thanks!
jabba359

Re: Harpy G10 find

Post by jabba359 »

Great find! You don't see those around too often.

I hope everything is okay with your daughter.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Rapidray

Post by Rapidray »

jabba359 wrote:Great find! You don't see those around too often.

I hope everything is okay with your daughter.
Yes, she is now at home doing very well. Thanks.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Great find and even better news that your daughter is well.

Dan
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey Ray,
You found a real gem.
I carry and use my G10 Harpy very often, usually paired with a pe blade.
One thing I did notice though, mine is drilled and tapped for tip down carry only.
I wonder when the clip placement changed?
Anyhow, glad your daughter is ok, and congrats on the new hawkbill!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Glad to hear your daughter is recovering ok. Also, you'd better lock up that new SE G-10 Harpy before JD sees you with it! :p :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Rapidray

Post by Rapidray »

Thought I would post an updated photo of the Harpy...which I think is a little bit better.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

What's the knife shop in Lakeland? I live in the area and would love to go to a local shop.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man that's a thing of beauty. It baffles my mind as to why they don't use that handle shape on every "Delica variant" out there. If the current Delica had that blade shape I'd own several.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I either lost or had my G-10 Harpy stolen about 2 years ago and I've been extremely grieved ever since>> it was my constant companion Hawkbill blade for years and I so much want a replacement for it about more than I want any other Spyder at this point.

But Sir congratulations are in order for you and I know you'll love that G-10 Harpy>> I've recently heard on a thread over at BF that there might be a possibility of a Sprint Run and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one for sure. The ATS-55 blade steel that they made the original G-10 Harpy with is not bad steel at all and it is really a good performer in Spyderedge so don't be afraid to use it unless you're wanting to see what kind of collector value will acrue for it.

The G-10 Harpy is one model that truly confuses and perplexes me as to why it wasn't a big hit at the box office sales charts :confused: But it's probably one of the most saught after, discontinued Spyders of all time. Let's just hope that the Sprint Run they talked about will come to fruition.
Rapidray

Post by Rapidray »

i am travvy wrote:What's the knife shop in Lakeland? I live in the area and would love to go to a local shop.
PM sent to you. I will be back down on Labor day weekend to visit the kids and pick up a double bevel. Just as Spyderco makes great knives, Bob Terauola designs are very nice. I have one of his fixed blade CQB 1 and love it. ;)
Rapidray

Post by Rapidray »

JD Spydo wrote:I either lost or had my G-10 Harpy stolen about 2 years ago and I've been extremely grieved ever since>> it was my constant companion Hawkbill blade for years and I so much want a replacement for it about more than I want any other Spyder at this point.
Many years ago a man said, " when you find a knife you really love, you better buy another because they will quite making it or you loose it." How very true. And that is the reason I have doubles, and triples.
The first thing I noticed about this one was the smooth edges all over the knife. To use a word used in handguns, it "melts" in your hand. I find it a tad small for my liking but it makes up in other areas.
I am excited about the possible run Sal talked about the G10 Harpy...as I am hoping a new Civilian is coming out maybe, which Sal mentioned here. Just something about those curved blades! :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Rapidray wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:I either lost or had my G-10 Harpy stolen about 2 years ago and I've been extremely grieved ever since>> it was my constant companion Hawkbill blade for years and I so much want a replacement for it about more than I want any other Spyder at this point.
Many years ago a man said, " when you find a knife you really love, you better buy another because they will quite making it or you loose it." How very true. And that is the reason I have doubles, and triples.
The first thing I noticed about this one was the smooth edges all over the knife. To use a word used in handguns, it "melts" in your hand. I find it a tad small for my liking but it makes up in other areas.
I am excited about the possible run Sal talked about the G10 Harpy...as I am hoping a new Civilian is coming out maybe, which Sal mentioned here. Just something about those curved blades! :)
Rapidray you are 1000% right on pertaining to what I affectionately refer to as "back up units". I've got 18 Spyderco Hawkbill blades in total but I still feel void and deficient without my G-10 Harpy that I either lost or got stolen :( :mad: I wish Spyderco would eventually do more of their Hawkbill blades with G-10 handles.

But as far as keeping extra models of the ones you love to use you are so right about keeping "back up units". That's why I have 6 of the C-60 Ayoob models and even one of the original Spyderedged version which I wish I had 3 or more of those extra. I did that with my Temperance 1 model and you guessed it>> I've never lost one of those and I will never sell or trade any of those "back up units".

Brother we all need to voice our desires concerning a Sprint Run of the G-10 Harpy>> and I want to see them do that Sprint Run in PE & SE both. I'm willing to bet that the G-10 Harpy is probably one of the top 3 most sought after discontinued Spyderco models ever IMO.