Bad pics of great knives.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
spydieh0le

Re: Bad pics of great knives.

Post by spydieh0le »

I'm loving those beach pictures OldSarSwmr! Dragonfly looks right at home!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

spydieh0le wrote:I'm loving those beach pictures OldSarSwmr! Dragonfly looks right at home!
Thanks brother, it performed perfectly and super easy to carry IWB of my trunks. I went with a couple of guys that I grew up with and our families. I gifted both of my friends a serrated D'fly salt to commemorate the trip. :)

Dan
Donut

Post by Donut »

The SE Dragonfly Salt that I bought, the previous owner already dyed it lime green. I like that I can tell the PE apart from the SE.

So anyways, I was on vacation, was at a water park, and I think a face first water slide... and the clip was bent and wasn't holding. I couldn't carry it for the rest of the trip. I might need to take pliers and torx tools next time. =\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Haven't updated my collection in a while
Last edited by OldSarSwmr on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

OldSarSwmr, does that stand for "Old Search and Rescue Swimmer"? I'm ashamed to admit...I just look at the pictures. Sorry if this has already been covered.

-Brian
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

BrianMcCord wrote:OldSarSwmr, does that stand for "Old Search and Rescue Swimmer"? I'm ashamed to admit...I just look at the pictures. Sorry if this has already been covered.

-Brian
Brain,

Yes it does. I was a Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Swimmer back in the 90's.

Dan
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Nice set of pictures (and knives, of course). What do you think of the Mike Draper? I think that's the first picture of it I've seen on the forum.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Nice set of pictures (and knives, of course). What do you think of the Mike Draper? I think that's the first picture of it I've seen on the forum.
It's actually a very smooth knife, I have only carried it once and even then only sliced some paper. It's unique and not something I plan on using much but I didn't want it to be one of those Spydies that I regretted not buying 5 years from now. That list is long and painful... :o
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

OldSarSwmr wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:OldSarSwmr, does that stand for "Old Search and Rescue Swimmer"? I'm ashamed to admit...I just look at the pictures. Sorry if this has already been covered.

-Brian
Brain,

Yes it does. I was a Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Swimmer back in the 90's.

Dan
Dan,

Now, that's a sweet job. Not for this guy, though...

My granddad was a AF Pararescuman, amazing people. Thanks for your service, Dan.

-Brian
-Brian

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Lots of old Gold(en) in here.. :) One day i will get around to taking good pics of my collection too.
Cheers!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Brian,
Thanks and thanks to your dad for his service. The Air Force PJs are no joke. That sticker on my helmet was actually given to me by a PJ up in Alaska.
Dan
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Keeping with the theme of you post, Dan...here is a horrible picture of a rockstar of a knife. Cody dog photo-bombed...

Shot with a GoPro Hero 4. Definitely not designed for macro shots!

-Brian
Attachments
mantra_bagel_cody.JPG
-Brian

BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

I kept the military tradition going. I was an Infantryman with the 10th Mountain Div. When I graduated Airborne School, I became 3rd generation on both sides of my family. My Mom and Dad were riggers, my Mom's father was the PJ, and my Dad's father was 8th Airborne in Korea.

Thank you for your service, your job is very admirable and friggin' tough!

-Brian
-Brian

OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

BrianMcCord wrote:I kept the military tradition going. I was an Infantryman with the 10th Mountain Div. When I graduated Airborne School, I became 3rd generation on both sides of my family. My Mom and Dad were riggers, my Mom's father was the PJ, and my Dad's father was 8th Airborne in Korea.

-Brian
Thanks Brian, I appreciate the sentiment and your service. 10th Mountain Div. has a long and proud history, you guys have been put through it this last decade!
Nice knife too :D

Climb to Glory

Dan
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

OldSarSwmr wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:I kept the military tradition going. I was an Infantryman with the 10th Mountain Div. When I graduated Airborne School, I became 3rd generation on both sides of my family. My Mom and Dad were riggers, my Mom's father was the PJ, and my Dad's father was 8th Airborne in Korea.

-Brian
Thanks Brian, I appreciate the sentiment and your service. 10th Mountain Div. has a long and proud history, you guys have been put through it this last decade!
Nice knife too :D

Climb to Glory

Dan
Thanks, Dan
-Brian