Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Dodge

Re: Show your mods!

Post by Dodge »

I bobbed a FFG Delica Janice style, EDC for a female friend. Super Scary Sharp and light.

Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Beautiful work Brancron. Really nice. What is the scale material on the Tenacious? I think that's the knife. Second knife pictured. Beautiful wood. The C-Tek also. I messed with it a little. I epoxied the c-tek to a thin liner as suggested by the manufacturer to keep the little sections (cells) from popping out during or after shaping. But still a couple of small sections popped off after I was finished. Oh well. :( Really nice work. Keep the pictures coming.

Jack
brancron

Post by brancron »

jackknifeh wrote:Beautiful work Brancron. Really nice. What is the scale material on the Tenacious?
Jack
It's "acrylic stabilized double-dyed flame maple wood," according to the maker. He's KnockWoodBlades on Etsy. Really high quality work. I only wish he'd do scales for some higher end models too!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Very nice! Love the Kahr Arms Delica already, I can only imagine how awesome it would be with FFG!
-Nick :bug-red
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

They're still cool, brancron, whoever did them. Thanks for the eye candy.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, I deswedged the Sage I put a swedge on - just didn't like the blade shape. Now I think I like it. Here're some pics in order.
New...

First mod...

Now...
- best wishes, Jazz.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Looks great Apollo – my kind of mod. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

A little work on the handle of this great knife. There is very little I could improve on this Slysz Bowie. I really like XHP for it's super sharp edge and Spyderco ground this blade nice and thin FOR SLICING :D . You don't find a blade this size with an edge like this.
I have small hands that don't reach around the wide handle very well, so I took a little meat off the belly of the handle, works great for me now. Reblasted the handle and all is well, it is hardly noticeable. That's the great thing about titanium knife, it's simple.

SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Jazz wrote:Looks great Apollo – my kind of mod. :cool:
Thx Jazz. ;)

I must tell you i screwed up the knife this thursday. :(
Since it was all messed up i tought why not test the lock... it took a **** of a lot before failing... Not bad for the humble tenacious. :)

In the nearby future is will get another one and repeat the spine and bladeshape accent. ;) Then i will keep in that way :rolleyes: .
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

How did you "melt" the spine.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Studey

Post by Studey »

Dude!!! Awesome job, that lil Matriarch looks great!
howelljames

Post by howelljames »

My new Spyderco Southard Brown. I hand painted the scales. Holding up well so far. Painted in a style that hopfuly will still look good even if starts to wear.
Attachments
FullSizeRender-207.jpg
howelljames

Post by howelljames »

Scale side
Attachments
FullSizeRender-209.jpg
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Boomer - That looks very nice. :cool:

howelljames - Very nice, and different. What kind of paint did you use?
- best wishes, Jazz.
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

The G10 colors were at the request of the knife owner... I tossed in a couple of back spacers just for grins...
greatscott

Post by greatscott »

I read through this entire thread yesterday, and must say that there is some amazing work that has been done to these knives. I am considering stonewashing my Yo2 blade, but am concerned that the tip my break. Should I be worried about this?
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

P6151000.jpg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

greatscott wrote:I read through this entire thread yesterday, and must say that there is some amazing work that has been done to these knives. I am considering stonewashing my Yo2 blade, but am concerned that the tip my break. Should I be worried about this?

Yes, you should be worried. Doesn't mean you can't do it but you'll have to be careful. I did my Kiwi, (pics in this thread somewhere). I taped the whole edge before stone washing. In my case it left a line that looks similar to the line on a clad blade like my SB Stretch or ZDP Caly 3.5. I had planed on using some steel wool to ease the transition line but liked the way it looked so I left it alone.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?