Regrind CS Voyager horizontal satin

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
_centurio_

Regrind CS Voyager horizontal satin

Post by _centurio_ »

Hey guys,

here is my newest regrind. CS Voyager, 10 thousands of an inch thick behind the edge. 36 grit Cubitron II on the sander. Afterwards I put a horizontal satin finish on the blade by hand with sandpaper (up to 600grit). It came out excellent in my opinion :P

I hope you like it.

BR Oliver
Wanimator

Re: Regrind CS Voyager horizontal satin

Post by Wanimator »

You may as well polish the pivot area to a mirror polish to make the action smoother.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

That looks phenomenal!!!!!!!!!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Why are you posting Cold Steel pics in a Spyderco Picture Forum?

From the forums rules: "This Gallery is for you to post your images of Spyderco knives (and other Spyderco products). Please read these rules prior to posting any image. "
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

David Lowry wrote:Why are you posting Cold Steel pics in a Spyderco Picture Forum?
Come on, you can see pictures of non spyderco products here in every second thread. If my thread offend someone then report it. I just want to show you my work. This is like kindergarden.

BR Oliver
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nicely done, BR! I especially like the horizontal finish on the sanding. Do you use a sanding block when you hand-sand?

As for posting it here in the Gallery, I am not offended. :) Keep up the good work, mate.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

_centurio_ wrote:
David Lowry wrote:Why are you posting Cold Steel pics in a Spyderco Picture Forum?
Come on, you can see pictures of non spyderco products here in every second thread. If my thread offend someone then report it. I just want to show you my work. This is like kindergarden.

BR Oliver
I'm not offended at all. I just think you should be respectful of the forum rules. No need to show every piece of your work. We get that you can regrind. Good job. At least post it in "off topic".
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

Thanks for the feedback :) I wrap the sandpaper around a sharpmaker rod, works quite well but it is a little bit uncomfortable. I have to build a sanding block.

Honestly I did not know it is forbidden by the forum rules. I will put the pictures in a single thread next time.

BR Oliver
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

David Lowry wrote:
_centurio_ wrote:

BR Oliver
I'm not offended at all. I just think you should be respectful of the forum rules. No need to show every piece of your work. We get that you can regrind. Good job. At least post it in "off topic".
I find your statements a bit harsh, David. I agree that these pictures should have been initially posted in the Off Topic section, but I don't see any issue to him posting about regrinds if that's what he enjoys. :)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Remember that you cannot read mood or tone via these forums. I wasn't being harsh or pissed or mad. Just stating something. If it came across harsh, I apologize. It wasn't meant that way. Now I'm gonna go have a PB&J sandwich. ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good point, David. Enjoy that PB&J. :D
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

To me, showing off a regrind is like showing off a new knife. And I don't have a dedicated thread to show off what I buy. :)
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

razorsharp wrote:To me, showing off a regrind is like showing off a new knife. And I don't have a dedicated thread to show off what I buy. :)
Pretty much the same here. I don't post my custom knife designs and finished custom pieces here because it is Spyderco's forum, their marketing money, and I'm not trying to sell my stuff on their dime.

On a side note, there is another forum not paid for by spyderco that is a wonderful place to put excellent regrind pics like this. Great job on the regrinds, and I hope to see you over at the other forum for makers more often.