My modest collection

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
brick

My modest collection

Post by brick »

I've been lurking for a while so I thought it would be polite to say hello and share my small collection of Spydercos. I'm not sure how or why, but I somehow went from a single UKPK 15 months ago to a set of 5 spydies with one more on the way (an Urban lightweight).
Collection2.jpg
I'm slipjoint-heavy since I'm in NY. (I live a long way from NYC and local law enforcement appears to interpret the law "correctly" given how common locking knives are, but I don't see the point in risking it.) I had to have the Chaparral as a "home" knife, anyway, simply because it's such a wonderful piece of design and workmanship. The two Denmark knives get the most pocket time by far. The Pingo in particular gets a lot of use since it doesn't draw the slightest bit of attention if I happen to use it in public. I would almost call the UKPK my "beater" since it gets thrown at harder tasks (not that you could tell from looking at it). And the Kiwi 3 is just a neat little blade. It gets a lot of work done for something that becomes so forgettable in a pocket.

I had just said "no mas!" before ordering the Urban but I think it may be my optimal "all of the above" knife, packing some of my favorite attributes of the others (small form factor, UKPK ergonomics, big spyder hole, N690 steel) into a single NY-friendly EDC. I'll let you know!
-Tim
DutchBlades

Re: My modest collection

Post by DutchBlades »

A great way to start it off! I'm sure the collection won't be as modest in a short amount of time :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice knives, especially the top one, and welcome to the forum, brick.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Sumer00

Post by Sumer00 »

This is very nice and awesome post
I like it very much
Thanks alot...
Sumer
brick

Post by brick »

Box-O-Spydies:
Box-O-Spydies.JPG
I was playing with my router a few months ago. Didn't realize what I was making until today. The box happens to be sized perfectly: one of them doesn't fit and therefore has to be in my pocket. And yes, the Urban LW came in. You may also notice a Dragonfly BRG that, for reasons yet to be explained by science, I had to have:
7 Spydies.JPG
I really need to learn proper photography. Until then you'll have to trust that they look nice together. ;)
-Tim
remnar

Post by remnar »

I'm sure they look very nice together and you really did need that zdp Dragonfly. What's next? :D
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Nice box, but you better start on another box pretty soon. You're going to need as much storage room as you can get as your Spydie addiction continues to develop. :D ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Nice collection you have started there. Where in NY are you from? I lived in the north country for many, many years before moving to Colorado.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I like that box, nice work! Enjoy the simple life of having a modest collection while you still can. Odds are you'll soon have multiple boxes and you'll have to get up a half hour earlier just to decide which knife to grab for the day.

And definitely take some photography cues from the members here. These guys are good. I'm still learning myself.
brick

Post by brick »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Nice collection you have started there. Where in NY are you from? I lived in the north country for many, many years before moving to Colorado.
I’m a transplant, now living just north of Albany.
-Tim
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I lived up in St. Lawrence County for a long time and my wife is from Syracuse. I have a bunch of friends in the Ticonderoga, Lake George and Saratoga area. Beautiful area for sure. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?