European Knife Users: How can they be protected?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

European Knife Users: How can they be protected?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

With all the draconian laws against knife collectors and users, at least in the USA there are groups like Knife Rights and AKTI. What about the Europeans such as Germans and Swiss and British folks, and also the Western nations like Australia and New Zealand?

Can we have confidence that the German knife-purchasing and knife using public will continue to exist and be able to use and carry knives?
The Mastiff

Re: European Knife Users: How can they be protected?

Post by The Mastiff »

Can we have confidence that the German knife-purchasing and knife using public will continue to exist and be able to use and carry knives?
Aren't you American?
SpyderEdgeForever

Indeed, but we knife people need to stick together and speak out for our freedoms, right?
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Indeed, but we knife people need to stick together and speak out for our freedoms, right?
I despise other countries citizens/subjects telling us how to go about things. I figure they probably feel the same about me getting involved in their business. Offering moral support on a website is one thing but that is about as far as I go.

Joe
SpyderEdgeForever

This is a very good point you make. I want to offer the European knife users moral support and condolence. Basically, what they need to do is create their own versions of Knife Rights, and try to get legislation changed to be more as it used to be, allowing citizens to carry knives as tools etc, right?
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This is a very good point you make. I want to offer the European knife users moral support and condolence. Basically, what they need to do is create their own versions of Knife Rights, and try to get legislation changed to be more as it used to be, allowing citizens to carry knives as tools etc, right?
Yes. I can agree completely. I really liked living in and traveling around Europe . My ancestors all came from Europe and I feel I would do most anything to help them including going to war if it came to it but I have to respect their way of going about running their countries even when it runs against my beliefs.

I even feel the same about other states in our country that seem to be exactly the opposite of my beliefs on certain things. I accept they are going to do what they want and as long as they stay above the Mason Dixon line we will get along fine. :D

Heh!

Joe
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Speaking for myself - thank you for your sentiments!

As for practical support, a big bundle of one way plane tickets to far away for all of our self serving politicians....
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

While I appreciate the thought and sympathies expressed:

1. The political 'levers' and the mechanisms of law making around the world do not echo those in the US. We don't have an NRA or Kniferights to fall back upon and the traction they have in the US could not be repeated here in the UK as it simply doesn't work like that
2. The use of firearms and the outdoor lifestyle is a very small minority proportional to the population compared to the US.
3. Adding the above together, with a healthy dose of Tabloid Mania about all things gun/knife shaped- and anyone advocating for more freedoms on either is going to get hounded out of politics here.
4. Compound the above with ANY 'help' or pressure being seen to be applied from your side of the Atlantic is generally viewed as 'redneck gun-nuts'- and dismissed accordingly. Make of the relative fairness of that as you will :(

If you want to really help then I'll take a case of Blanton's or Woodford Reserve....or failing that a case of Reese's Pieces. ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/