GEC Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
spyderg

Re: GEC Knives

Post by spyderg »

Follow up to my comment in my last post about a redo on my Queen made Northwoods.
F138F107-04FE-4E5C-B03C-9185D533BFBE.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

For those interested, DLT has the #82 Dixie Stockman in natural canvas micarta in stock. Looks like a nice knife.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Bought my 1st GEC knives back around 2011-2012. Hard to believe, but hardly anyone gave a **** about them then. Slowly, but surely they started to get a following. Even the early runs of Barlows actually took a while to sell out.

Then the popularity began to build, popular models sold out fast, and profit was seen to be made on the secondary market - GAME ON!

I think GEC make a nice knife, and I bought them because it reminded me of the classic knives I wish I had as a kid. I've carried them a few times, but it's more about enjoyment in owning a well made slipjoint. Once it became a chore to get them, and not willing to pay secondary prices, I've not paid much attention to getting any more. Can't complain too much, that popularity allowed me to sell a few at a nice profit to fund other stuff.

That said, it's starting to be the season to carry my GEC French Kate in Red Slipper acryllic :D
Attachments
French Kate 1.jpg
French Kate 2.jpg
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Yes, they are hard to get. But, if you are on email notification from some retailers, and act fast, you can usually get what you want. The exorbitant prices flippers ask when a knife is newly released don’t last long. Some sell but after a while they get more reasonable. Short runs, high quality and avid collectors mitigate against a model staying around long. My “collection” GECs are the #782217 American Jack Northfield antique jigged bone and the #562218 Northfield Bird Dog in Sambar Stag. The others are all users.

After seeing how these are made by hand and how those people are able to produce such a high quality folding knife, I’m sold m
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Joseph08

Post by Joseph08 »

Great collection! The American Jack is my favorite. Definitely excellent usability...