NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 am
As much as I'd love to see the Chargers win today, I don't think it's going to happen. It's certainly possible, and I wouldn't be shocked of they do pull it off.

I have a feeling the Saints are going to win, and win convincingly. 31-17.

Chiefs/Pats AFC Championship
Rams/Saints NFC Championship

Chiefs/Saints Super bowl

Sorry Joe...

Saints Super Bowl Champs. 35-31

Drew Brees Super Bowl MVP
I agree Rick. Imo, that's a great prediction.
I am still just very worried about the magic of st. nick :D
As far a Patty Mahomes, wouldn't suprise me in the least to see the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.
I think as, does Rick, it will more than likely be a shootout between them and the Saints.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Who looks really good right now though and, just my opinion, is the LA Rams. They soundly defeated a VERY STRONG Cowboys team. I kind of shudder to think what Dallas would be like if they had Patrick Mahomes or Drew Brees behind the wheel......
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:16 am
Who looks really good right now though and, just my opinion, is the LA Rams. They soundly defeated a VERY STRONG Cowboys team. I kind of shudder to think what Dallas would be like if they had Patrick Mahomes or Drew Brees behind the wheel......
But seriously do you guys ever remember a rookie QB that has done anywhere near as good as Mahomes has done in his first year as starting QB? I've been jamming my brains trying to remember and I think closest I could come to it was Jeff Hostetler of the New York Giants who was Phil Simms backup QB that won either the 91 or 92 Superbowl and I think that might have been his second or third year I forget which. And the only reason he got to QB the Superbowl was because Phil Simms was hurt at the time. But that's the closest thing I can remember of a relatively new QB taking it all? And that was truly a big time unusual fluke for sure>> and Hostetler never duplicated that one ever.

Like I said I don't care which team we have to play next week. I think ARROWHEAD STADIUM will be a literal nightmare for Brady or Rivers. I couldn't believe how many people showed up to yesterday's game at ARROWHEAD. Especially after KC got an 8 inch snow storm and the whole city was paralyzed. We still have over 20,000 homes without power and hundreds of businesses as well. And in spite of all of that we still filled ARROWHEAD to capacity and no one left early. We are ready here in KC I can assure you all of that.

Also I'm fairly certain that Patrick Mahomes has got the league MVP pretty well sowed up from everyone I've talked to.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The only one comes to mind is Danny Marino, but Mahomes has far surpassed everyone. The throws he makes are freakin insane!
I see a helluva lot of baseball player in Mahomes to be honest.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm really interested in this kid from Clemson though.
He was making N.F.L. throws against Alabama. And, he is a true Freshman. Its gonna be a rat race to get Trevor Lawrence!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Anywyas, it's been a heckuva season Joe and Rick.
Let's promise to be back here next season.
I've truly enjoyed my time talkin football with you guys!! :D :D
Of course, Joe, you might be hard to tame if KC wins the Super Bowl ole buddy :D :D :D :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 am
Of course, Joe, you might be hard to tame if KC wins the Super Bowl ole buddy :D :D :D :D
Truly if the Chiefs go all the way and win the big game probably the last thing I'll do would be to "RUB IT IN" so to speak. Because with all the times I've had to "Eat Crow" because of my miserable mistakes and bad forecasts I would have no room to talk at all :o It would be really ironic if the Chiefs did win the Superbowl because the former Chief's Quarterback that led the way for victory in Superbowl IV was Lenny Dawson ( Hall of Famer). Well Lenny Dawson just retired last year from over 40 years of broadcasting for the KC Chiefs radio and TV. I truthfully believe had Lenny had any idea how good Patrick Mahomes was going to be I think he would have stayed another year or two. I think I heard that Lenny Dawson just turned 83 if I heard right. He has lived in Kansas City all those years too.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
It has definitely been a lot of fun! Sad it's going to end in a few weeks.

I can't believe how these teams with normally stout run defenses are getting RUN OVER this weekend (Dallas and Los Angeles) Chargers need a score before half or else this game is over already.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This game is very disappointing. Was excited for it all morning. Guess I'll go bring firewood in from outside to the garage racks...

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm
MacLaren wrote:
It has definitely been a lot of fun! Sad it's going to end in a few weeks.

I can't believe how these teams with normally stout run defenses are getting RUN OVER this weekend (Dallas and Los Angeles) Chargers need a score before half or else this game is over already.
Yeah I even quit watching it. Well it might just be a completely different story when Lord Brady comes to ARROWHEAD. That game in which we set the Guiness Book of World Records for the loudest Stadium in the NFL was a game between the Chiefs and Lord Brady. Needless to say we sent him away with a very sad look on his face :D :D Actually it's hard for me to realize that the Chiefs played as good as they did yesterday because of the extreme weather and the entire KC metro area was virtually paralyzed from power outages.

I don't care which team they bring next week because we are going to make it extremely miserable on any team who comes to ARROWHeAD !!!!! It's a completely different environment here I can assure you all :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It will a great game! Chiefs have had their way with Brady...and he knows it. If they want to stand any chance, they'll have to use a game plan similar to today. But...if the Chiefs score points left and right, Brady doesn't want to get in a shootout. Not with that Chiefs pass rush!

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

*inserts foot in mouth*

I can't believe what I just saw in that first quarter. Saints need to get it together, on both sides of the ball...and quick!! HUGE Drew Brees fan, don't want to see this fantastic season end the way it's going thus far. Especially playing at home.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:24 pm
*inserts foot in mouth*

I can't believe what I just saw in that first quarter. Saints need to get it together, on both sides of the ball...and quick!! HUGE Drew Brees fan, don't want to see this fantastic season end the way it's going thus far. Especially playing at home.
Nick Foles is just unbelievable!! He reminds me of two of my favorite QBs ever. Because Joe Montana and Roger Staubach both seemed to just love all the pressure you could put on them. The more pressure they had against them the better they were. I can't tell you how many snake bite endings I seen out of both of those QBs. And Nick Foles is a lot like both of them. No it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Phillie end up winning this game.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:24 pm
*inserts foot in mouth*

Nick Foles is just unbelievable!! He reminds me of two of my favorite QBs ever. Because Joe Montana and Roger Staubach both seemed to just love all the pressure you could put on them. The more pressure they had against them the better they were. I can't tell you how many snake bite endings I seen out of both of those QBs. And Nick Foles is a lot like both of them. No it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Phillie end up winning this game.
As a Giants fan, I can't stand the Eagles!!!! But...as a human being, its tough not to respect and like Nick Foles story and the rollercoaster career he's had.

I'm just hoping it turns into a good game. Pats/Chargers was very disappointing. We need a competitive game today!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, this game may wind up being a barn burner...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, that sure wasnt St.Nicks fault.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A.F.C. Championship
New England vs Kansas City
@ Arrowhead
N.F.C. Championship
Los Angeles vs New Orleans
@ Super Dome
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think these are the best possible match ups we could have hoped for. Now because I'm excited for them and think they will both be great games...they'll probably turn into low scoring games or blow outs :p

Sticking to my predictions I've had most of this season. Chiefs/Saints!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yes, Rick, it really seems like championship games will be either a low scoring affair, or a lop side victory.
As for me, I pick the Chiefs and Saints win their Conference Championship games.
Both, should be very good games.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:45 am
Yes, Rick, it really seems like championship games will be either a low scoring affair, or a lop side victory.
As for me, I pick the Chiefs and Saints win their Conference Championship games.
Both, should be very good games.
You guys ain't going to believe it :D Just for the heck of it I've been listening to the Kansas City Sports Radio stations here this morning and this entire week is going to be crazy here in KC :cool: The Sports DJ's are already comparing the Brady-Mahomes matchup to the Star Wars Trilogy. They are comparing Lord Brady to "Darth Vader" and they have coronated Patrick Mahomes to be our exclusive version of Luke Skywalker :D

If they lose this Sunday I wouldn't want to be within five miles of ARROWHEAD stadium>> but I'm leaning toward the Chiefs winning because Mahomes has shown us that he can take the pressure>> because he sure did great Saturday against the Colts. And most of the talking heads on the national Sports TV shows were all calling for the Chiefs to lose. Only Tony Gonzalez and one other former player even gave us a chance.

Actually I could take them losing the Superbowl if they annihilate Lord Brady this Sunday. The Guiness Book of World Record people better bring their sound measuring equipment this Sunday>> because I firmly believe we'll set another record this coming Sunday. And if the Chiefs win this AFC Championship game everyone at the game will have ringing ears for a least a couple of days after the game :D :cool: