NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. The Saints are very hard to beat at home.
They just gave the Rams, their 1st loss.
Saints 45
Rams 35
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Something about the Rams, I'm not sure what it is, I'm just not a believer. Obviously stacked on both sides of the ball. Guess we'll have to wait and see. NFC South is far and away the best division in football. Atlanta starting to put it together lately with literally half of their starters on defense injured. Houston also on fire lately...watch out for those Chargers as well!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Even though it's the middle of the season, it's still early.
Carolina is another one ( NFC South :)
Some teams may just fall apart, some teams will get hit with injuries, and some teams will really come on strong.
Who in the world would have figured the Eagles would have went to the Super Bowl last year year, much less win it, after Wentz was lost for the season. So many things can happen....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yep! People can cry that their overpaid, the kneeling crap from last year, whatever else people want to complain about. But it sure is fun to watch! Surprised at the low score here at half in tonights game. I'm expecting more fireworks in the second half. Patriots need to utilize James White more like they did on the first drive and play more uptempo

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I love football. Always have. And always will.
I agree, the Pat's can control the game and the clock ( keep Rodgers out of the game! ) by doing what you suggest.
It's just so very hard to beat New England in Foxborough.
Not even red hot Patty Mahomes and Chiefs could do it.
But.....this game is far, far, from over...
And, Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB in the league.
But......not the G.O.A.T. :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Mahomes and the Chiefs did win today but again the defense is suspect. It seems like Dee Ford is the only one playing with the intensity needed for consistently winning. We got Arizona coming to ARROWHEAD stadium next Sunday and I'm going to predict a 14 point margin of victory. The Chiefs do play at a higher level at ARROWHEAD stadium and that's why it's going to really depend on whether or not we get home field advantage in the playoffs>> that is if we don't go into meltdown mode :o

But I am confident that we now have a premier QB and hopefully for a few seasons to come. Rams lost their first game and we have to play them in two weeks at their stadium. That game will prove whether or not we are a paper tiger. But I do think that Andy Reid is already planning on that game with some surprises. But our defense is truly going to have to go up a few notches to have any post-season hopes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

They say Arrowhead is an incredible home field advantage.
The Chiefs certainly have what it takes to beat the Rams. Whether it be at the Coliseum or Arrowhead imo. Just hope the Chiefs stay healthy. That throw and catch yesterday by Mahomes and Kelce was just sick lol. The touchdown pass in double coverage. As for the NFC, if the Saints get home field advantage through out the playoffs, then that's big trouble for the rest of the NFC imo, lol. The Saints were just incredible yesterday. As for last night, it's just so dam hard to beat Brady and Belichick in Foxborough. To be honest, I really didnt think the Packers would. Mainly because the Chiefs couldn't either.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Back in September, 2014 When Lord Brady and Master Bellyache came to town to play the Chiefs history was made. They had people there from the Guinness Book of World Records. The Chiefs fans put up the loudest noise level of any fan base in history ( college, professionals ect). The sound level at ARROWHEAD Stadium was at upwards of around 142 decibels and set a new World Record which ended up in the Guinness Book of World Records. Needless to say our fanbase doesn't like Lord Brady very well at all. Yep poor Mr. Brady got a touch of reality at Arrowhead Stadium that night ( Monday Night game).

Oh by the way the Chiefs beat Lord Brady and the NE Patriots 41-14 that wonderful evening :cool: . Our dear Justin Houston and the other boys on defense leveled our dear Lord Brady a couple of good healthy times :D Imagine that :rolleyes:

I do believe that Patrick Mahomes is getting good at finding Kelce and Tyreek Hill and other teams need to cover them. But we have the Rams and the Chargers ahead so I'm cautiously optimistic. Oh well another day at the NFL :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:58 am
Back in September, 2014 When Lord Brady and Master Bellyache came to town to play the Chiefs history was made. They had people there from the Guinness Book of World Records. The Chiefs fans put up the loudest noise level of any fan base in history ( college, professionals ect). The sound level at ARROWHEAD Stadium was at upwards of around 142 decibels and set a new World Record which ended up in the Guinness Book of World Records. Needless to say our fanbase doesn't like Lord Brady very well at all. Yep poor Mr. Brady got a touch of reality at Arrowhead Stadium that night ( Monday Night game).

Oh by the way the Chiefs beat Lord Brady and the NE Patriots 41-14 that wonderful evening :cool: . Our dear Justin Houston and the other boys on defense leveled our dear Lord Brady a couple of good healthy times :D Imagine that :rolleyes:

I do believe that Patrick Mahomes is getting good at finding Kelce and Tyreek Hill and other teams need to cover them. But we have the Rams and the Chargers ahead so I'm cautiously optimistic. Oh well another day at the NFL :D
And that's just it! :D another day in the NFL. You just cannot predict what will happen. Injuries can be devastating. I keep thinking back to the year that Carson Palmer tore his acl when playing for Arizona. They had a Super Bowl team that year, I just know it. But, it all ended for the Cardinals when Palmer tore his acl. Same thing with the Raiders a few years ago when Carr got hurt. The Raiders had something really special that year.
Speaking of the Silver and Black, I'm not so sure Gruden is doing the things there. I would have never traded Mack for one thing. Amari Cooper, so be it if it has to be. But, Mack is special.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I'm really surprised that Jon Gruden has had the poor results this year with the Oakland Raiders. I thought when they got him on that mega-million contract that he would dive right in and make adjustments immediately... but I was wrong evidently. I thought back in the summer that Oakland would be the team we would have the most trouble with in our division. I really thought they would have learned their lesson with Jamarcus Russell :rolleyes: We play the Raiders at ARROWHEAD Stadium on the last game of the regular season and I might even try to go to that one. Tickets will probably easier to obtain at that time of the season. You can't buy one now for less that about $180 at this time and I've heard of some of the premium seats going for upwards of $350 :rolleyes: > not to mention they charge $60 to park a car at ARROWHEAD :eek:

But I just discovered that we play the Chargers here at ARROWHEAD on DEC 13. I'm sure the noise level will be very annoying for the Chargers being that it will be a nationally televised Thursday Night game :D . The RAMS and the Chargers are the two teams that I think could give us trouble. They just said this morning on a local Sports radio station ( 810 WHB) that the Chiefs are now averaging 37 points a game :eek: I just hope that Patrick doesn't fizzle out like Dak Prescott did after his first year :(

Yeah New Orleans is something to be aware of for sure in the NFC. I still think that Philly might be a sleeper. Oakland just let that one DE go on waivers and it will be interesting to see if Andy Reid might be tempted to grab him :confused:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, that's really interesting about the price for tickets and everything. $60 to park seems excessive though.
I've never been to a professional football game though. The Carolina Panthers are about 90 miles or so from my home. I need to go sometime. I've been to some Tennessee games before, in Knoxville. (College football )
The wife and I are talking about going to a Panthers game.
*Actually, Bank of America Stadium is 117 miles from my house and Neyland Stadium is 139 miles. I should go to a Panthers game :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:51 am
Ya know, that's really interesting about the price for tickets and everything. $60 to park seems excessive though.
I've never been to a professional football game though. The Carolina Panthers are about 90 miles or so from my home. I need to go sometime. I've been to some Tennessee games before, in Knoxville. (College football )
The wife and I are talking about going to a Panthers game.
*Actually, Bank of America Stadium is 117 miles from my house and Neyland Stadium is 139 miles. I should go to a Panthers game :D
I actually like Cam Newton ( except when he plays against the Chiefs :rolleyes: ) and the Panthers won yesterday and I had them listed as a sleeper team. They've got that tight end whose name escapes me ( I think it's Olsen) at this time that is almost as good as Kelce and their defense is respectable too. Thankfully we don't play them this year.

OH you wouldn't believe how much trash mouthing that the Chiefs fans are making over that $60 parking fee at ARROWHEAD. But they still fill up the stadium every game. I've been to several of the games at ARROWHEAD over the years and my most memorable was back when we had Joe Montana and the 49ers came to town with Steve Young and company. The noise level was so high I couldn't even hear myself think for the next two days after that game :eek: . Joe Montana literally destroyed his former team in grand fashion. I think our RB Marcus Allen had over 140 yards that day and Joe Montana was just picking them apart. I was surprised that Steve Young and him shook hands after the game because our defense was absolutely brutal on them. At that time we had Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith and they ate QBs for dinner :D Derrick Thomas hit STeve Young so hard at one point I didn't even think he would get up :eek: >> that was by far the best game I ever saw at ARROWHEAD and I seen some good ones over the years.

But we haven't been to the big dance since Lenny Dawson was QB :rolleyes: . If we would have had Tony Gonzalez when we had Joe Montana I'm sure we would have made at least one Superbowl. But poor Joe would hit these guys right on the numbers on their chest and many times they would drop it :rolleyes: . We did have Marcus Allen and we got some good years out of him>> Oakland was so stupid to make him mad. I do recommend that anyone who goes to ARROWHEAD to wear hearing protection because the sound levels there are unbelievable.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, that's AWESOME to have those experiences at Arrowhead like you do. I remember now, and as you rightfully pointed out, Arrowhead is the loudest in the NFL. Man, that's so awesome...
Lol, I have a good feeling that the AFC Championship will be at Arrowhead. Can you imagine lol.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:13 pm
Man, that's AWESOME to have those experiences at Arrowhead like you do. I remember now, and as you rightfully pointed out, Arrowhead is the loudest in the NFL. Man, that's so awesome...
Lol, I have a good feeling that the AFC Championship will be at Arrowhead. Can you imagine lol.
If I had a wheelbarrow load of cash I would fly you up here to KC for what I expect to be the AFL Championship game. You would absolutely love ARROWHEAD stadium. Even though it was built in the early 70s it's still considered state of the art with all the improvements it's had over the years. Everyone I've taken to ARROWHEAD over the years has enjoyed it immensely. Like I said that game between the Joe Montana KC Chiefs and his old team the SF 49ers I believe is rated one of the top 10 best NFL games in history. Joe Montana gave his ex-team-mates a really bad spanking and a royal humiliation like you wouldn't believe. I forget how many of the 49ers got badly injured that day but there were a few of them carried off the field. Even though that game was back in the mid 90s I remember it like it was a couple of months ago. Derrick Thomas was truly a defensive monster in those days and many QBs feared him greatly :cool:

The ARROWHEAD fans were about as ravenous as I had ever seen them over the years in that game. If they do get into the playoffs this years I'm willing to bet that playoff tickets on the secondary market will go for well over $250 each and some up to $500 I'm absolutely sure of it. Scalpers really do well with post-season Chiefs tickets. I'll stick my neck out this far>> If we win these next 2 games ( Arizona & L.A. Rams) I don't believe anyone else will stop us>> barring injuries of course. And we have beat New England a few times here at ARROWHEAD>> so it will be interesting to say the least. As it stands now the two teams that scare me the most are New Orleans & Houston>> don't ask me why but I've got a strange feeling about both those teams. But Patrick Mahomes is on a mission>> he reminds me a lot of Kurt Warner in the 1999-2000 season.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes racked up another victory making them 9 wins to one loss for this part of the season. Also another item of interest>> I now see that Lord Brady got a lesson in reality by losing to the Tennessee Titans. To be honest I was really surprised that Lord Brady got a loss today. But it's wonderful news needless to say.

New Orleans is really starting to scare me. They are really getting better as the season continues. And Mr. Brees has had a lot of playoff experience which could pay them a huge dividend. They are probably the top pick in the NFC at this point. Unless the RAMS get back in gear again I would say that New Orleans is probably going to the big dance.

The Washington Redskins are doing rather well with our old QB Alex Smith. I didn't expect that at all. But they could also be a factor in the final part of the NFC season. It's been an interesting season so far.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:06 pm
Well The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes racked up another victory making them 9 wins to one loss for this part of the season. Also another item of interest>> I now see that Lord Brady got a lesson in reality by losing to the Tennessee Titans. To be honest I was really surprised that Lord Brady got a loss today. But it's wonderful news needless to say.

New Orleans is really starting to scare me. They are really getting better as the season continues. And Mr. Brees has had a lot of playoff experience which could pay them a huge dividend. They are probably the top pick in the NFC at this point. Unless the RAMS get back in gear again I would say that New Orleans is probably going to the big dance.

The Washington Redskins are doing rather well with our old QB Alex Smith. I didn't expect that at all. But they could also be a factor in the final part of the NFC season. It's been an interesting season so far.
Brady and the Pat's loosing today is HUGE for you and your Chiefs. That makes it even harder for New England to get home field thru out the playoffs and easier for KC.
Because defeating Brady and the Pats in New England in January is pretty much impossible. Or at least it has been.
.......and the Saints are just flat out rollin!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I didn't know this till today>> I just found out that the Monday Night game between the Chiefs and Rams next Monday ( 11-19-18) will be played in Mexico City :confused: Not sure who has the advantage there :confused: But if we can beat the Rams in our upcoming game with them we will be in great shape barring injuries. We have a "bye" week after the RAMS and that should get all of our injured back in the saddle again. The only big one that hasn't come back has been Eric Berry and I've heard he might be ready for the RAMS game. But that "bye" week couldn't have come at a better time.

Then the only tough team after that will be playing are the L.A. Chargers at home at ARROWHEAD. I hope the Chargers don't forget their hearing protection :eek: :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Game of the year right there! Can't wait for that. Neutral site....my prediction is 38-35....KC!

Rams losing Cupp today is a big loss for them. Takes away a lot of their firepower and a sneaky 3rd down guy.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm
Game of the year right there! Can't wait for that. Neutral site....my prediction is 38-35....KC!

Rams losing Cupp today is a big loss for them. Takes away a lot of their firepower and a sneaky 3rd down guy.
Nice post. :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:44 pm
I didn't know this till today>> I just found out that the Monday Night game between the Chiefs and Rams next Monday ( 11-19-18) will be played in Mexico City :confused: Not sure who has the advantage there :confused: But if we can beat the Rams in our upcoming game with them we will be in great shape barring injuries. We have a "bye" week after the RAMS and that should get all of our injured back in the saddle again. The only big one that hasn't come back has been Eric Berry and I've heard he might be ready for the RAMS game. But that "bye" week couldn't have come at a better time.

Then the only tough team after that will be playing are the L.A. Chargers at home at ARROWHEAD. I hope the Chargers don't forget their hearing protection :eek: :D
Oh yes. Mexico City baby. Neutral site as mentioned before.
Will be a helluva game. :)