NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

This may sound crazy, but if I were coaching the Eagles, I would bench Wentz, and start Foles.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 pm
This may sound crazy, but if I were coaching the Eagles, I would bench Wentz, and start Foles.
I haven't quite understood the Philadelphia Eagles game plan this entire season. It looks like Dallas is going to win this one and if they do you can pretty much count on them to win that division. The Redskins have truly laid down and died since they lost Alex Smith for the season. That was their main hope.

Tonight's game with Chicago and the L.A. Rams should be a really good Sunday night game. I think that Chicago could pull it off>> like Dallas they seem to be getting better as the season progresses.

In the AFC I'm starting to get more worried about Pittsburgh than I am about playing Lord Brady and Bill Bellyache :rolleyes: . I think their empire is about to crumble>> they have Pittsburgh next week and I'm predicting a Steeler's victory :cool:

Better go see who else won today. Maybe Jason Garrett might just dodge a bullet after all. But he better not even lose one more game this year.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I dunno JD, the Steelers just lost to the Raiders :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

You have got to be kidding me!!!! :eek: :eek: Oakland pulled out a last minute victory over Pittsburgh this afternoon and Phillie tied the game with Dallas and sent it into overtime :eek: :confused:

I guess it's like Yogi Berra used to say "It's Not Over Until It's over" I wouldn't have bet one nickel on Oakland winning that game. There really aren't any safe bets in NFL games anymore at all. Just like last week when the Arizona Cardinals beat Green Bay and got coach Mike McCarthy fired and sent him packing :eek: Who would have thunk it??? :rolleyes:

Well it will just make that game tonight that much more interesting ( L.A. Rams vs Chicago Bears). I sure think now that Phillie could resurrect themselves if they beat Dallas in overtime.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, man this has been 1 CRAZY SUNDAY :D :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Dallas pulled it off in overtime. However it shouldn't even have had to go to overtime. But Dallas is in the driver's seat now. If they run the table or lose no more than one game they should have their division. Like I said there are some interesting developments in the Dallas organization. Because if they don't run the table and at least get to the Superbowl I truly believe Jason Garrett will be in the unemployment line.

As much of a perfectionist, hothead as Jerry Jones is I'm surprised he hasn't canned him already. They way he flushed Jimmy Johnson down the toilet after those Superbowl victories I didn't believe any coach could please him. But I do believe Garrett is doing everything he can to stay on the sideline and it will be interesting to see what develops at the end of the season.

But again OAKLAND upsetting Pittsburgh may be the biggest upset of the season that I can remember. Mr Tomlin is another coach that might be looking for a new job in the next 2 to 3 months if they don't run the table. Also I think it might be retirement time for Big Ben too. Oakland beating the Steelers!! that's just inexcusable!! I wouldn't be surprised if they fired Mike Tomlin really soon. :rolleyes: Actually I kind of expect it now the more I think on it. :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

To wind up a really mind-blowing day in the NFL the Chicago Bears defeated the L.A. Rams by a score of 15 to 6 :eek: Not only am I finding that hard to believe that Chicago won but to hold the Rams to under 10 points was nothing short of phenomenal. I may have to change my mind about a sleeper team in the NFC>> because I was beginning to think that Dallas was going to have that distinction. But after watching tonight's game I'm becoming a real believer in Chicago's defense.

And as the old football saying goes "Defense Win's Championships">> that's not true for every Superbowl but it is for most Superbowl Champions.

Tonight's game kind of reminded me of when Minnesota first got Randy Moss and they were putting up points like a pinball machine but yet when they faced a New York Giants team with an awesome defense it really popped their baloon.

The Chiefs are in a "Must Win" situation this coming Thursday Night game. They can not afford to lose to the L.A. Chargers. The fans at ARROWHEAD stadium need to break another stadium noise World Record like they did back in 2014. This Thursday Night game between the Chiefs and Chargers is my most important game to watch for the entire season so far. Like MacLaren said>> this was truly a super crazy day in the NFL. :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've been saying it, something about the Rams...just not sold on them making a superbowl run this season. Saints/Cheifs superbowl!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 am
I've been saying it, something about the Rams...just not sold on them making a superbowl run this season. Saints/Cheifs superbowl!
I quite agree. I like the Saints over the Rams.
Goff had 4 picks last night....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 am
And you guys may well be right! It wouldn't be the first time a team has shot out like a roman candle only to fizzle out quickly in the post season. I could easily think of 3 prime examples. Again I'll mention the first two years when Randy Moss entered the league with the Minnesota Vikings. The way they did in the regular season I was convinced that they were unbeatable. But both times they truly laid an egg in the playoffs.

The playoffs are truly a completely different season all together. I am encouraged however>> because what Patrick Mahomes did yesterday I can assure you that Alex Smith would not have won that game like Mahomes and two of the Chiefs on the defense unit rising to the occasion accomplished in an extremely pressure filled situation. I can only remember Joe Montana and Roger Staubach being that good under that type of pressure. Not saying that young Mahomes couldn't choke in the playoffs but he sure seems very mature for a virtual rookie.

I'm now truly worried about Dallas and Chicago both pulling an upset in the NFC. I'm still worried about the Chargers in the AFC. We ( the Chiefs) must win this game Thursday night (12-13-18) to convince me that we still got a legitimate chance in the playoffs. I'm just being realistic.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Good points JD.
I think the NFC is very exciting.
I would LOVE to see Dallas vs Chicago.
I don't however have a lot of faith in the Chargers of the AFC.
I still believe it will come down to the Chiefs vs Pats for the AFC.
Again, cannot stress enough just how HUGE the Fins beating the Pats yesterday. That pretty much takes the #1 seed from New England. It is almost impossible to win in Foxborough in January.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 am
Good points JD.
I think the NFC is very exciting.
I would LOVE to see Dallas vs Chicago.
I don't however have a lot of faith in the Chargers of the AFC.
I still believe it will come down to the Chiefs vs Pats for the AFC.
Again, cannot stress enough just how HUGE the Fins beating the Pats yesterday. That pretty much takes the #1 seed from New England. It is almost impossible to win in Foxborough in January.
If the Chiefs win this upcoming Thursday Night game I think they will steamroll to 14-2 which will give them home field throughout the playoffs. And I can assure everyone that Lord Brady or anyone else for that matter doesn't want a playoff game at ARROWHEAD stadium. Two guys I talked to last night said that the noise level at ARROWHEAD yesterday could have indeed caused hearing damage :eek: The Chiefs set that Guiness Book of World Records noise record at ARROWHEAD stadium when Brady & Bellyache were playing here at ARROWHEAD back in 2014>> believe me they could easily set a new noise record as much as everyone here in KC hates the Patriots :D

And Lord Brady has to play Pittsburgh this next Sunday and that is not going to be an easy one for Brady & Co. Because I truly believe the Steelers hate Brady even worse then we do. And with Miami of all teams beating them just proves to me that they are not the machine they used to be. I'll put it this way if Brady and Bellyache beat us at ARROWHEAD it will be at a tremendous cost. I seriously doubt it will happen after seeing yesterday's game. Truly I'm more worried about the Chargers at this point.

I truly think that the Chiefs learned a lot from that Baltimore game yesterday and I do think it bolsters their resolve. But SUTTON is going to have to do something special with that defensive unit!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is Thursday, December, 13 in the year of our Lord 2018>> Yeah this is a big game for the KC Chiefs :cool: Tonight we play the L.A.Chargers on prime time this evening. If we can beat the Chargers here at ARROWHEAD ( the loudest stadium in the entire NFL :cool: ) then we have our division sowed up. Which means home field throughout the playoffs. To me this is the biggest game of the entire year for the Chiefs.

Oh need I mention one other minor detail >> WE"VE GOT ERIC BERRY coming back this evening !!!! I do believe that the Chargers will be dealing not only with a noise level that would normally require an "explosive's license" >> but we also have a line up that will be tough to beat on both sides of the ball.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

HUGE game!! I'm pumped. Wish the Chiefs could be at full strength. Makes me curious how they will play a team like the Chargers with no Hunt or even Watkins as a decoy. Spencer Ware is decent, but he's no Hunt. I'm still predicting a 35-24 Chiefs victory.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 am
HUGE game!! I'm pumped. Wish the Chiefs could be at full strength. Makes me curious how they will play a team like the Chargers with no Hunt or even Watkins as a decoy. Spencer Ware is decent, but he's no Hunt. I'm still predicting a 35-24 Chiefs victory.
You're probably being more realistic than I am. Because I believe if the Chiefs can get off to a quick start like they do many times at ARROWHEAD stadium I think it can be far more lop-sided than that. Getting Eric Berry back I believe will be huge.

Last game with Baltimore I was very concerned about the "running-back" situation but the "running-back" by committee approach that Andy Reid used seem to work rather well in that game. Don't know when they are going to play Charcandrick West but we did get him back on the team again after the Hunt debacle.

And it will depend on how much the crowd really gets into it this evening. It's 8:00am as I speak and I've heard already that there is quite a crowd already out at ARROWHEAD>> like 12 hours ahead of game time. I'll put it this way>> I would not want to be the Chargers coming in to ARROWHEAD this evening :eek: :rolleyes: >> I do hope they brought their hearing protection :eek: Because I do predict that the crowd will be extremely intense in tonight's game.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The possibility of no Melvin Gordon sure looks better for your Chiefs!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 am
The possibility of no Melvin Gordon sure looks better for your Chiefs!
Yeah they've been talking about him a lot this past week on the local Sports Radio stations here in KC. I don't really know enough about this guy to say yah! or nah! about him. I did hear Cris Carter whose opinion I usually agree with say that he thought he had good talent but had some reservations. But when you see how much better Amari Cooper has done playing with Dallas compared to what he did at Oakland ( which was a night & day difference) all I can say is we will just have to take a "wait & see" in order to evaluate him. I have to believe that Andy Reid & Co. knew something good about him or they wouldn't have signed him. They have been good at stacking the deck on the offensive side of the ball.

I do believe Sammy Watkins will be healed by Playoff time. I am also very encouraged that we got Charcandrick West back because he has been with the Chiefs for some time before he got cut earlier in the year and he knows Andy Reid's system really well. Because with Hunt being kicked off the team we are now on a "running back by committee" system which I believe can still work well in spite of Hunt being gone. Who knows?? it might actually be a blessing in disguise.

If the Chiefs can pull out tonight's game I do believe that will not only seal the division championship but it will also give us home field throughout the playoffs. And that is important because no team at this time wants to play at ARROWHEAD at all :D :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sad night here in KC :( :( :o Our defense that has been suspect all year long finally bit us in the rear end. We probably now lost the division and I think The Chiefs can also forget about their playoff hopes as well. It's their own damned fault by letting them back in the game. The Chargers will now probably go to the Superbowl. All that hard work and they let it go down the drain in one lousy game. IF the Chiefs don't fire Bob Sutton ( the defensive coordinator) after this game they will have a lot of explaining to do. I would truly hate to be at ARROWHEAD after this one.

This is truly disgusting beyond belief. Well Mike Ditka is right>> Defense wins Championships and the Chief''s defense is a joke :( . It really reminds of me of the Offense of the Minnesota Vikings in the late 90s>> same scenario exactly >> they set all kinds of records but blew it in the end just like the Chiefs did tonight. There are going to be some job losses for sure over this one.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Though that was a sad performance, no way are they out of the playoffs!! Still one of the most dangerous teams in the league. I was quite surprised at the outcome, especially once Rivers favorite target Allen left the game early, and already without Gordon.

Berry is still getting his football legs back. Secondary is suspect at the moment. Defensive line is very strong though. Both of those William's rbs filed in nicely for you guys tonight.

Season is certainly not over! You could always be a Giants fan and feel out of it after 4 weeks haha!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:44 pm
Though that was a sad performance, no way are they out of the playoffs!! Still one of the most dangerous teams in the league. I was quite surprised at the outcome, especially once Rivers favorite target Allen left the game early, and already without Gordon.

Berry is still getting his football legs back. Secondary is suspect at the moment. Defensive line is very strong though. Both of those William's rbs filed in nicely for you guys tonight.

Season is certainly not over! You could always be a Giants fan and feel out of it after 4 weeks haha!
I agree with you on the two back up running backs and I'm even proud of their brave performance. It's not our offense at all. But I'm listening to a post game show on radio station WHB out of KC ( 810 am) and the fans are livid and 3 out of 4 of them have already demanded that Bob Sutton be fired tomorrow. And I have to agree because all night long the defense has just been extremely lackluster. Other than Justin Houston, Chris Jones and Dee Ford we just don't have any key defensive players at all.

They are now putting Andy Reid on his post game interview and I can hear people screaming in the background :mad: :( And his excuses are flimsy at best. Here we were lucky enough to get a premier QB for the first time since we got Joe Montana and this is the best we can do under a pressure situation :rolleyes: :mad: Even the Sports writers are giving him **** in this post game interview and rightfully so. They just gift wrapped and gave that game to the Chargers :mad:

It was good to see Eric Berry back and I do believe that if by some miracle we win the final two games and still make the playoffs maybe he will be a help. Again I was really proud of both those back up RBs. Again it's not the offense>> But Bob Sutton needs to be fired immediately!!!! If they are going to fire Mike McCarthy in the middle of the season then the Chiefs need to give Bob Sutton the boot now!!!! :mad: