NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, wow JD! I would LOVE to be in KC this week :D
I'll bet it is crazy!
That's a great analogy btw. Vader vs SkyWalker.
Keep us posted on the crazy antics :D :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 am
Lol, wow JD! I would LOVE to be in KC this week :D
I'll bet it is crazy!
That's a great analogy btw. Vader vs SkyWalker.
Keep us posted on the crazy antics :D :D
Like I said in an earlier post I wish I had a bucket of money because I would love to show you guys how awesome ARROWHEAD stadium is at one of the big games. It was a massive undertaking at the time they built it ( late 60s/early 70s). They didn't do any shortcuts, the concrete was about as good as you could get at the time. All of the structural steel work was top notch in that era as well.

There are so many big name stadiums that were built after ARROWHEAD Stadium was built that are mostly demolished and replaced with new stadiums already. The Seattle Kingdom was one that immediately comes to mind. But there were a lot of other stadiums that were very cheaply built. I've been to quite a few games at ARROWHEAD over the years but I haven't been in about 4 years or so because of being bombarded with medical bills. I would have loved to have gone this year but you could buy a couple of really nice Spyderco knives for what you pay for tickets and parking just for a single game. It now costs $60 to park your car at the ARROWHEAD parking lot :eek:

But I still maintain that it still is one of the top 3 best stadiums in the entire USA. And the noise level is legendary :cool: especially for opponents. And other teams have said that they don't like to play at ARROWHEAD ( gee I wonder why :rolleyes: )
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Arrowhead is DEFINITELY one of the top 3 we have.
Absolutely. Arrowhead is seriously cool man. One of the gems the N.F.L. No doubt.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:47 am
Arrowhead is DEFINITELY one of the top 3 we have.
Absolutely. Arrowhead is seriously cool man. One of the gems the N.F.L. No doubt.
Yeah ARROWHEAD stadium is an opponents worst nightmare in many cases. For a long time this season I was hoping and praying that Lord Brady would be eliminated. But now that I think about it I'm now glad that he has to come to ARROWHEAD and literally earn his way to another SUPERBOWL.

With all the guys on defense of the KC Chiefs and the interviews I've heard on Sports radio stations here in KC I firmly believe that these guys truly detest Brady and his band of cheaters ( yeah you too BILL Bellyache :D ). I think our defense has finally put a good game plan together and I'm now looking forward to Sunday's game at ARROWHEAD. I've heard that the weather is going to be bad again this upcoming weekend here in KC. That is to the Chief's advantage I can assure you.

IF Lord Brady and Master Bellyache do pull off a win this Sunday at ARROWHEAD Stadium by some strange miracle I can assure you it will be by a huge price>> the Chief's defense is going to put them through a very rough day I can just feel it in my bones :cool: . They won't get out of this Sunday's game unscathed whether they win or lose I can assure all of you. I have no doubt that Lord Brady is not happy about this upcoming game at ARROWHEAD stadium :cool: Historically we've been very cruel to him over the years in our house :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well guys, not too long now before we know who's playing in the Super Bowl in Atlanta.
It is in Atlanta correct?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yep! Close to home field for the Saints if they can get there. But, as we know...to actually attend the Super Bowl, you need to have some DEEP POCKETS! So it's probably not really that much of an advantage.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:04 am
Yep! Close to home field for the Saints if they can get there. But, as we know...to actually attend the Super Bowl, you need to have some DEEP POCKETS! So it's probably not really that much of an advantage.
Dude......dont even get me started on that mess.....
You have little pop singers and celebs there that dont even know what a football is.....and people that have played watched or studied the game thier whole life that will never get to go....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
You have little pop singers and celebs there that dont even know what a football is.....and people that have played watched or studied the game thier whole life that will never get to go....
Really is sad that the Super Bowl has essentially turned into a red carpet event.

I read an article the other day where a couple internet gurus paid $25,000 A PIECE to go to the Super Bowl last year...just to watch it on a tv in some VIP room.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Really is sad that the Super Bowl has essentially turned into a red carpet event.

I read an article the other day where a couple internet gurus paid $25,000 A PIECE to go to the Super Bowl last year...just to watch it on a tv in some VIP room.
Lol. Yup. Unbelievable.
I'm just butt hurt and jealous. I admit it! :D
It really is just a red carpet event.
At least Mad Dog Sports, Chris Russo has a competition on his daily radio show to earn tickets to the Super Bowl by answering football trivia. Some tough questions too :cool:
Anyone interested its Maddog Unleashed Sirius XM channel 82 from 3pm to 6pm
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Speaking of outrageously high prices I heard last night that many of the tickets for today's game at ARROWHEAD stadium are going as high as $1500 each :eek: . Some of the club level seats are over $1000 each with guys having bid wars on them :eek:. Season's ticket holders do well because they get playoff game tickets for exactly what they paid for regular season ticket prices.

It's about 7:30am as I'm writing this and I just heard on the radio that they are already lining up at ARROWHEAD stadium at this very moment. They do take tailgating really seriously here in KC. I've been invited to watch the game at a friend's house where they are having a Bar B Q this evening and actually I like that idea better than paying the price of 10 Spyderco knives to watch the game :rolleyes:

I just hope that young Patrick Mahomes can stand up to the pressure. The interviews I've heard with the players are positive. I think they are hyped up for this game big time. I believe Lord Brady is going to get hit hard this game :D And I'll just leave it there for now :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Good stuff JD. Thanx man.
Ya know, I'll be honest always on my opinion of the game.
If KC plans to really pressure and hit Tom Brady, they will more than likely win.
If they do like Chargers and lay back, they will 100% without a doubt get beaten. So, hopefully the Cheifs will do as you predict and hit Brady. The Chargers were out of their minds last week not pressuring Brady.
If you dont pressure Tom Brady, he will beat you.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 am
Good stuff JD. Thanx man.
Ya know, I'll be honest always on my opinion of the game.
If KC plans to really pressure and hit Tom Brady, they will more than likely win.
If they do like Chargers and lay back, they will 100% without a doubt get beaten. So, hopefully the Cheifs will do as you predict and hit Brady. The Chargers were out of their minds last week not pressuring Brady.
If you dont pressure Tom Brady, he will beat you.
Oh you are so Right my Brother>> because go back to Superbowl 42 when the New York Giants upset Lord Brady & Co.. None of the experts even gave the Giants even a remote prayer of winning that game. But the Giants defense really got mad and made a statement which I believe the Chiefs are going to repeat history today. The 3 times that Michael Strahan absolutely leveled Tommy-Boy in that game he wasn't able to hit the broad side of a barn the remainder of that day>> especially that final hit in the 4th Qtr :eek: . If I remember right I believe the final score of that Superbowl was NY 21 to NE 17. It was about a last ditch pass to Plaxico Burress that sealed it. But the whole game was a defensive gem for the Giants.

I've got to hear Justin Houston and Chris Jones both in interviews this week and I can tell by their voices and their attitudes that they are going "head-hunting" for Lord Brady :eek: :D I also heard that Dee Ford is really wanting this one really bad>> he might be our new Derrick Thomas they way he's playing. I heard this entire week in practice that the defense underwent really intensive drills. I ain't worried at all about our offense one bit because I think that is what will ultimately smoke Brady & Belli-cheat and send them back home :rolleyes: , DARNED it!!!! I really wish I could have went to this game today because I've got a feeling that history is going to be made at ARROWHEAD this evening :cool:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree. No way do you beat Brady playing cover 2 or any kind of zone. You also can't go blitz heavy either, because he WILL find the open man. Hopefully Chiefs watched replays from the glorious superbowl wins of Giants over the Pats in 2007 and 2011.

The defensive line has to get the pressure! Throw off his timing or hit him a few times. The Chiefs do this, and their offense does what it can do...this game could be a route!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

VERY WELL SAID GUYS!!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Joe had it covered, but we must have been typing away at the same time haha.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am
I agree. No way do you beat Brady playing cover 2 or any kind of zone. You also can't go blitz heavy either, because he WILL find the open man. Hopefully Chiefs watched replays from the glorious superbowl wins of Giants over the Pats in 2007 and 2011.

The defensive line has to get the pressure! Throw off his timing or hit him a few times. The Chiefs do this, and their offense does what it can do...this game could be a route!
I'm telling you all again>> after hearing these guys on interviews this week I really feel that they are sharks smelling blood in the water :eek: The Chiefs have got 3 guys that just can't be stopped in defense i.e. Chris Jones, Dee Ford ( the reincarnation of Derrick Thomas) and Justin Houston ( who goes grizzly bear hunting with a hickory switch :D )>> no I have confidence that these 3 guys aren't going to let Lord Brady have his way.

Also I've got a late gut feeling that the Rams are going to upset New Orleans. I hope I don't end up eating crow on that one :o
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It's just so darn hard to predict JD.
I like going with gut feelings too though.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:17 pm
It's just so darn hard to predict JD.
I like going with gut feelings too though.
Well it wouldn't be the first time I've had to eat a big portion of crow meat :o :rolleyes: But the fact that the Ram's defense kept them held to two field goals in the early part of the game>> I find that a very encouraging development >> I believe that I might be on to something interesting.

I'm also getting more confident that the Chiefs are going to beat New England by at least two TDs. I do think that the entire team is up for this one. I just heard that it is complete pandemonium out at ARROWHEAD as we speak. They know that if they lose that Andy Reid will be history>> and they don't want to lose Andy Reid because he is truly a "player's coach". I also hope they are able to keep Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones>> they are already looking at serious extensions for both players I just heard. Holy Spyderedge I wish I was at ARROWHEAD this evening :cool: :) I don't think that Lord Brady is going to like the folks at ARROWHEAD this evening :D They sure were cruel to him the last 2 times he has been here :D :D

The Ram's defense is looking solid so far. But we'll know in about 3 hours :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

You called it JD!! :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well my gut feeling was a real one. Well at least I've held the crow eating off for this game anyway. But I can't believe the way the RAMS won this one. A 57 yard field goal no less :eek: Especially at the New Orleans Superdome :eek: :confused: Oh how I wish I would have done some betting on this one. I only heard one talking head on sports radio today even give the RAMS any chance at all.

Well it's like Yogi Berra always said " IT ISN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER" and how true it was today at New Orleans>> that was truly the shocker of the year. I won't argue with my gut again :D :rolleyes: