I'm back! Allow me to explain...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tvenuto

I'm back! Allow me to explain...

Post by tvenuto »

No, there is too much. Let me sum up:

• My last post was June 04, 2017, exactly 10 months ago.
  • As some of you know I (used to) run a full-time fitness business
  • I took on a full-time engineering position in late 2016, while still working at my gym
  • I stopped working at my gym in mid 2017
  • I moved out of the city to the suburbs in mid 2017
  • I'm (still) in the process of selling my shares to my business partner (a process which is far more beneficial to our lawyers than it will be to either of us at this point)
So how are things? I get massdrop emails and when that Super Gold delica popped up I just couldn't resist. Before this I hadn't bought a knife since 2016 :eek:! I've pretty much been carrying one of my other delicas daily, the blade-swapped red SE one recently.

So, anyone want to catch me up on current events? I tracked down Wouter's Amsterdam pics, so I'm up to date on those at least. Seeing those really makes me nostalgic; I actually attended the Meet in 2015, which was my wife and I's last trip before our daughter was born in June of that year. What's funny is that some of the pictured designs were actually shown at that meet as well. For instance I met broewer and handled his knife there. I'll be picking that one up for sure.

Also, I tried to figure out if there was a forum knife in the works, but searching the words "forum" and "knife" on a knife forum doesn't yield very specific results (go figure).

So anyway, I'm glad to be back, in whatever capacity. I'm still busy as **** with work and family, and my hobbies (guns, leatherworking, knives) have paid the price, but I never stopped being a spydie enthusiast/carrier. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and catch me up on current events, I'm sure the pain of my absence wasn't felt too accutely :D . :spyder:

wrdwrght

Re: I'm back! Allow me to explain...

Post by wrdwrght »

Welcome back. I enjoyed your posts and am glad more will come.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome back tvenuto! Just in case you missed it, are you aware of the KC Pakkawood/HAP40 Delica? They're currently available on KC.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I am. I'm actually partial to the FRN versions of the Delica specifically. I do love variety in my handle materials, but spent quite some time tracking down a G10 version of the Delica, only to sell it off later. Something about the FRN delica is a combo that shouldn't be messed with. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Funny thing too about the SG delica is, I actually don't have a black one!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Welcome back tv! :)

I wondered what happened to you and still remember rolling around the floor laughing with you at replies to our friend Mikael Anderson's antics. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Welcome back! Glad you’re still in Spyderville. Can anyone actually leave? :cool:
Chris :spyder:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Welcome back tvenuto! Good to see you here again. Seems like you had a really busy 2017 amongst the job change and move. How is that two year old treating you? Mine was a full blown terror for my wife today. Too much to catch you up on, but for a Delica guy, you timed it well with the SG2s.

Edit: this was post 7777 for me, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket now.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

tvenuto wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I can't help but think there's a quote happening here so I'm gonna take a shot with a follow up quote..

"My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy, hmm?"
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

@xceptnl
Dude she is kicking our butt. She alternates between impossibly cute and loving and golem-level terrifying. She’s a strong-willed little girl and this will serve her well eventually but it is such a pain at the moment. If we weren’t already expecting we’d be seriously reconsidering a second.

@evild
Ha yea, I couldn’t resist.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Welcome back!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome back!

As for the Forum Knife, hadn't seen anything so I did a quick check on threads with 2018 in the title that didn't turn up any that were forum knife related.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

How's it been T? Man, I was actually thinking about you just a couple of days ago. I was doing my 100 burpees and wondering if I would ever achieve the fabled "100 in 5 minutes" you once mentioned. Still not there but at nearly 50 I'm happy enough just to still be able to get back to my feet 100 times...even if it takes me longer and I need a couple of breaks. Welcome back!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is really quite a coincidence>> because I was very close to launching a thread that was going to ask where you and two other guys had disappeared to. But that saved me a lot of time and we sure welcome you back my friend :) . This forum has a way of bringing people back no matter how long their leave of absence.

Oh by the way the Sprint Run Spyderhawk has evidently hit the dealers from what I'm being told. JD :spyder: O
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

@Lance
Congrats on the Waterway, glad to hear all is well. I myself am probably more on pace for doing 5 burpees in 100 minutes at the moment but hey it’s a lifelong game right?

@doc/deac/jd
Thanks for the welcome and glad to see everyone still around, keeping this place thriving as some of us come and go.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:59 am
tvenuto wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I can't help but think there's a quote happening here so I'm gonna take a shot with a follow up quote..

"My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy, hmm?"
"Hallooo Lady!"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

tvenuto wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 am
@xceptnl
Dude she is kicking our butt. She alternates between impossibly cute and loving and golem-level terrifying. She’s a strong-willed little girl and this will serve her well eventually but it is such a pain at the moment. If we weren’t already expecting we’d be seriously reconsidering a second.
That sounds just like my oldest daughter when she was little. Don't worry it'll get easier as she matures.

Ok...I was just saying that to make you feel better. It doesn't really get any better...you just learn to deal with it. Wait until she's a teenager. Ha! :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

The Great Transcedental Intelligence at Home Matrioska Planet used modulated superspace frequency pulse-waves to alert me to this grand occurance.

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK TV! I missed our discussions on here with various threads. Great to see you return! :)

Many of us here are eagerly anticipating the unveiling of the Spyderco Caribbean Salt folder.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Good ole SEF, you never disappoint. I'm happy to see you as well, and looking forward to some more deep conversations on many more esoteric topics. Glad to see the spyderco forum's resident wildcard is still keeping everyone on their toes.

SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

tvenuto, here are two "welcome back" questions for you:

1 If it ever became technologically possible for human beings to somehow, in a painless way, have extendable or folding knives or mult-tools added to our bodies, like appendages or limbs, that can, at our command, open up when needed and then fold away, without having to carry them as seperate tools in pockets and bags and clipped onto our clothes, would you and others here choose to have such a multi-tool limb added to yourself, or most likely not? How popular would such things be if you were to estimate and speculate?

2 I was watching some of Richard Simmon's videos and looking over his website, and on the positive side he seems to be truly dedicated and motivated out of care for people who struggle with weight issues and health issues to get more physically fit. If it is okay for me to ask, what is your analysis of his programs and methods for weight loss and fitness? Do you know of people who have experienced and made use of his methods and videos and do they work, or is it like most things; a person has to be motivated to persevere with it or else they will not succeed?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

1. Not really interested. This would likely become available at a time when I am old and (more) crotchety and would probably just rail on about how these kids nowadays don’t remember how to use a good ole fashioned pocket knife. I’d probably make a big show of pulling it out and using it as well, taking the opportunity to ventilate myself on this particular knife’s history, important items cut, etc.

2. I won’t claim to have studied his programs, but you do have to consider the medium through which he was working. Via TV, where you have no idea who will be participating, just getting up and moving is probably the safe thing to do. And yes, some motivation is required no matter what pursuit.