Bradford knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Bradford knives?

Post by Evil D »

Anyone? This wharnie looks awesome.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Bradford- ... an3--49705
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Re: Bradford knives?

Post by xceptnl »

I like it too David. Saw them a few days ago for the first time. I like the sheepsfoot better...

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Bradford- ... xed--71110
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

xceptnl wrote:I like it too David. Saw them a few days ago for the first time. I like the sheepsfoot better...

I wanna like it but I like how they did the choil on the wharnie version better. Seem like decent knives in a good steel for the price.
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:
xceptnl wrote:I like it too David. Saw them a few days ago for the first time. I like the sheepsfoot better...

I wanna like it but I like how they did the choil on the wharnie version better. Seem like decent knives in a good steel for the price.
The bottle cap in the photos is for scale I suppose making them pretty compact
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I own several Bradford knives, including he non-wharnie version of that one.

I've been very happy with them.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Its a husband and wife business. I talked to his wife Nicole the other day on the phone. The warnie is not in production anymore. She said it was possible that he might make another batch, but not anytime soon. Currently their best seller is the sheepsfoot and it will be around for a while. They dont have a storefront. There is one place in Kirkland that sells them, but its farther than im interested in driving. Ive got one loaded in the my bladehq cart at the moment. Cool thing about their website; you can custom order the colors you want for same price. DLC only costs +$10. The nimbus finish is DLC that has been tumbled.
Justin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

crazywednesday wrote:Its a husband and wife business. I talked to his wife Nicole the other day on the phone. The warnie is not in production anymore. She said it was possible that he might make another batch, but not anytime soon. Currently their best seller is the sheepsfoot and it will be around for a while. They dont have a storefront. There is one place in Kirkland that sells them, but its farther than im interested in driving. Ive got one loaded in the my bladehq cart at the moment. Cool thing about their website; you can custom order the colors you want for same price. DLC only costs +$10. The nimbus finish is DLC that has been tumbled.
That sounds really cool, makes me more motivated to buy if I can order a color combo I like.
~David
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

I purchased the Wharnie off BladeHQ this morning. I will likely buy a sheepsfoot also. Nicole told me there is a 6 month waiting list for M390 :eek:, the raw materials that is.
Justin
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

that wood/G10 laminate looks pretty sweet.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I've got a 3D Guardian 3 Saber Ground in 3V (Nimbus finish) that I really like. It's a nice FB that I enjoy carrying. (I have the leather sheath that I carry horizontal on my belt when working around the house.) It's nice and short (overall) with a stout blade. Just enough room, with the choil, for a 4 finger grip.
Even moreso, I love that these are made relatively locally for me and in a small shop.
Would like a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot, but don't use it enough to justify the variants.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

To resurrect this old thread:

I bought the Wharnie Guardian 3 on Bradford's Cyber Monday sale, and just received it.

Holy smokes! I really like it. I've only had it in hand for a couple hours, but I'll carry it for the next week or so, and report back.

I've never been a huge Wharncliffe guy, but this one might convert me.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm
To resurrect this old thread:

I bought the Wharnie Guardian 3 on Bradford's Cyber Monday sale, and just received it.

Holy smokes! I really like it. I've only had it in hand for a couple hours, but I'll carry it for the next week or so, and report back.

I've never been a huge Wharncliffe guy, but this one might convert me.
Did you get the real wharnie or the sheepsfoot version? I never got around to getting one of these and it looks like the wharnies are out of stock now.
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The real wharnie. I was looking at the sheepsfoot but the blue g-wood wharnie was the one on sale (30% off) for Cyber Monday.

They're in stock on the manufacturers site (which is where I got it): https://bradfordknives.com/27-guardian3-wharnie
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

The only wharncliffe knives that I have are (3)Spyderco Yojimbo 2s and (1) Hinderer XM-24, Wharncliffe and that is because they are excellent self defense weapons. I'm not in to sheepsfoot knives.

I have two Bradford knives. Bradford Guardian 3 and 4 in M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed with Armatus Architect Sheath Black Carbon Kydex
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
vivi

Post by vivi »

I handled a Guardian 3 and I really disliked the ergos. Only fixed blade I can think of off the top of my head that required a choil to give me a four finger grip.

The Guardian 3.5 looks a lot better. I found one for a good price I might pick up.

Doesn't help that Bradford Guardians seem to be the trendy "my first EDC fixed blade" knife these days.
:unicorn
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I actually picked up a 3.5 a while back, and I really disliked the ergos of the 3.5, I got it because I wanted to have something to try out Nitro-V in.

Different hands, different grips, different preferences, I guess.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:01 am
The Guardian 3.5 looks a lot better. I found one for a good price I might pick up.
I'll loan you my Nitro-V 3.5 if you want to try it out for a while.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 pm

I have a guardian 3. Not the wharnie. I’d be happy to ship it out to you for you try out and get one in hand if you’d like.

No charge obviously you just pay shipping back.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

swigert wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Evil D wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 pm

I have a guardian 3. Not the wharnie. I’d be happy to ship it out to you for you try out and get one in hand if you’d like.

No charge obviously you just pay shipping back.
I may take you up on that if I ever figure out a carry method for work that suits me.
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Have you tried horizontal carry at the belt buckle? That's how I do my small FBs and it works great for me.