10,000 Club: New Member JD

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Deacon

Re: 10,000 Club: New Member JD

Post by The Deacon »

Congrats on making 10,000 quality posts, JD.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Well done, JD, and congrats on the 10,000!

Cheers,
skatenut
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

skatenut wrote:Well done, JD, and congrats on the 10,000!
Well a Special THANK YOU "Skatenut" my great fellow Hawkbil/Spyderedged pal :D And for the rest of you guys i.e. "farnorthdan", jmh58, Donut, Johnnie1801, phillipsted, Spydernut, Enduraguy, Jazz and my old buddy Ken aka Kbuzbee>> I really want to sincerely thank all of you guys for also sharing a lot of your great input with us here at Spyderville :cool:

And a very Special thanks to "Marcus H" who is really been a great pal and a big help here of late>>and thanks for my new pal EVIL D who tends to keep me honest concerning Spyderedges especially :rolleyes: :D And last but certainly not least in any sense of the word our honorary Mayor of Spyderville>> THE DEACON :cool: The King of KOPA & KIWI models :) and truly a pillar of the Spyderville community.

It's been a bit over 10 years now and a lot of great forum members have come and gone and GOD Bless them all>> but I do hold out hope that many of them will find their way home again. I'm actually a member of 6 differnet forums that I check in on from time to time but I spend the most of my time right here in Spyderville my electronic home away from home :cool:

We just got to get Dr. Hannibal Lecter to come back and hopefully Daywalker, Ghostrider, Simona ( The Gunting Girl :cool: )

I just lost my very best friend who died on New Years Day>> I knew him going all the way back to the 60s :eek: OH yes!! He was a converted Spyderhead and had over a dozen of them in a short time>> And I'm telling you that all the good fellowship and information sharing I had in at Spyderville really softened the blow and got my mind off of the negative stuff dealing with that. I'm here to tell you all thank you all for the great and helpful information you all have shared with me over the past few years. OK FOLKS We Got Work To DO> There is the ongoing quest for the return of the G-10 Harpy, the Spyderedged Ayoob, Spyderedged Military as well as a Sprint run of the C-50 Centofante SE & PE to return as well and a few more I could mention>> and I won't shut up until I get at least half of them done :rolleyes: So let's get to work shall we!!! And thank you folks at the Great Spyder Factory for making all of this great information sharing possible. Let the SHOW BEGIN!!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

JD Spydo wrote: I guess the reason I marvel at myself getting 10,000 posts is that I can't hardly believe that I haven't been kicked off by now :rolleyes: Because I do tend to get somewhat controversial at times :D and if people get in my face with a caustic attitude I find it very difficult to keep my big trap shut so to speak :eek:
I guess I haven't been around long enough to see that side. You're one of my favorites, JD, and congrats on the milestone! Keep fighting the good fight, we'll get that serrated Captain yet!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Kudos, Joe. We have had many fine discussions and there is no more dedicated champion of the serrated hawkbill :spyder:.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Congrats JD :D!!

I think your post count/year is a healthy thing. Most people will take a donut out of the box on a Sunday morning but few will/should brag about eating 4 of them :p.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

defenestrate wrote:Kudos, Joe. We have had many fine discussions and there is no more dedicated champion of the serrated hawkbill :spyder:.
Now DEF let's not take things out of context :D I'm not just confined to being a spokesperson for Spyderedged and/or serrated Hawkbills of any make or model as far as that goes, but I also like to think of myself as the Ambassador of the Spyderedge for all applicable Spyderco models that I feel need to justly be offered in Spyderedge>>especially in the recurve and fixed blade sectors :spyder: .

Because the market landscape here in Spyderville and in the retail market overall has definitely changed over the years and the perception of the Spyderedge has been highly mis-understood :( and certain popular Spyders that people want in the serrated option like the C-111 Captain for instance I and others believe should have that option. I have made it my goal of putting the Spyderedge's popularity back to where it was in the late 90s and early 2000s>> and I want to do away with all the disinformation and predjudice that many people on other knife forums have spewed out with no solid basis what so ever>> when many of your mainline, super popular Spyderco models back in the late 90s and early 2000s were available in plain edge and Spyderedge both>> and a few in combo edge were even popular to those who wanted them at the time>> and none of the 3 edge variants were hard to get. .

My recent acquisition of one of the original Spyderedged JD Smith models set off a light inside my head and drove home the importance of having those great blade designs available in either edge variant that the customer desired. I won't quit talking the virtues of the Spyderedge anytime soon I can assure you. I want to be known as a Voice Crying From the Wilderness of Planet Spyder :cool: Because this is largely what really catapulted Spyderco's position in the marketplace to where they are now at this time IMO. Not only were they different in their cutlery and sharpening equipment but their quality was always great as well. The quality will sell itself like it always has. I'll start by lobbying for the Ayoob, Captain, Superhawk, Breeden Rescue, Ulize and any others that are called to my attention.

Thanks again guys for the great support. :D
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

JD,

thank you for your kind words, you are the true advocate of hawkbills and spyderedges. They don't have to go together necessarily, but if they do, they frequently produce truly awesome knives, serrated hawkbills.
Please keep waving the flag for both, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
skatenut