NFC Title Game

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFC Title Game

Post by MacLaren »

The NFL I do not believe is avoiding it. Quite the contrary. They're gonna milk it for all its worth. Furthermore, I don't see where the Patriots can be found guilty of anything. Sure, we all know its not right, but it'll be hard proving anything. The Pats know how to push the envelope. I think it was pretty dumb myself, for such a high risk low reward act.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Mac

On the contrary, in a game often decided by the narrowest of margins, gaining a material advantage via a means that is incredibly hard to prove was intentional and by whom, this was a high reward, low risk act. Bad reputations fade quickly against the light of wins and success.

JD

I didn't mean to say that we should condone or ignore these behaviors, although I can see how my post came out that way. A lot of people hate on Belichick, and for good reason, but I just wanted to point out that some members of the opposing side are far from moral pillars. Also, I don't care how far in the past you go, people cheat at sports at the highest level. Often, rules are reactionary, because the cheating was more advanced than even the rules accounted for. There's a TON of gray area here, and it's a hotly debated topic for sure in ALL arenas. Also, I can absolutely assure you, that almost every player on that field on Sunday is or has taken performance enhancing substances that are unquestionably banned in football. So there's the cheating that's fair because everyone is doing it (but no one's talking about), and there's the cheating that only one or two people did, so we latch onto that. Again, I'm not arguing right/wrong one way or the other, that's just what's going on. For an interesting look at PEDs in sports and life, I can recommend the movie: Bigger, Stronger, Faster.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I see what you mean tvenuto, and I agree.
It certainly would be worse if the Pats had only won by a field goal.
But, here's a question I have. Were the Colt's balls checked after the game? I can't recall.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

This will be the first year I have ever deliberately missed a Super Bowl and I invite anyone reading this to join me.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I played football 3rd thru 12th grade, and have seen every Super Bowl (XV- now)
My team has always been the Steelers.
But here lately I just don't care that much anymore. I'm gonna root for whomever I want, and if I miss this Super Bowl, then no biggie. One thing that bothers me greatly about the SB, is that you get so dam many people that's never even seen a football, much less watch the games, land tickets. I'm pretty much over it.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
But this Brady-Bellyache ( Belichick) combo isn't enough to make you up-chuck then I don't know what would make you lose your dinner. Talk about Arrogance taken to a new all time low
:rolleyes: But since my man Joe Montana hung up his cletes I really haven't liked many at the QB spot with the exception of Kurt Warner who truly was a class act. Just like steroids ruined baseball all of the selfish, give me the ball buttheads have also ruined football to a large degree i.e. TO & OchoStinko.

Yeah Roger Staubach, Lenny Dawson, Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Walter Payton>> now those were football players.
You hit the nail on the head there, Joe. I literally blows my mind that these chumps can get away with cheating like they do. :mad: I didn't like the Patriots before, but now I really have very little respect for them. Very poor.
OH YEAH!! Spydernut you and I are definitely on the same page on this one for sure ;) If Tom "Sarah" Brady didn't have that line protecting his daintly, ivy league a#* he wouldn't be anything but an Arena League bozo :rolleyes: Because look at the game this year where he come to our beautiful ARROWHEAD Stadium to take on our Kansas City Chiefs who for one time this year played like they wanted to win for a change> Because Justin Houston and Tambla Hali leveled his little panty-waist and showed the entire nation what he is really not made of :rolleyes: And by the way we here at ARROWHEAD stadium that night set a new World Record for high decibel noise that evening too. It sure made Sarah's oh I mean Tom Brady's night a really miseralble one>> and when Bill Bellyache did the post game interview I thought his sorry excuse for being a man was going to break down and start crying like a kid that just lost his first little league game :rolleyes: I hope they bring Beavis & Butthead's Brother Tom back next year for a taste of what our defense can do when they are hyped up by a grizzly ARROWHEAD stadium crowd :D And I hope they do it again on Monday Night Football again too :D

No I'm not a Seahawks fan either :rolleyes: I was truly saddened when Aaron Rodgers blew it>> I really thought he was going to get ring #2 but maybe next year.
Haha! We're definitely on the same page, Joe. Definitely. :) I will root for anyone who plays (and wins) against the Pats--bar none. Surprisingly, I really don't have a favorite NFL team per se. I like the Colts well enough (but I guess I'm obligated to :rolleyes: ). I like Denver and also the Eagles (while they were under the steady guidance of Andy Reid). Hey, there are a lot of good teams out there. At the end of the day, I respect the team that respects themselves well enough to play the game without having to cheat. :mad:
tvenuto wrote:...I think, at the top, you're unlikely to find many people who didn't circumvent rules in some way.
Wait... Are we still talking about football or about politics? :p Sorry. I couldn't help myself on that one... :D