Traser H3 Wathches?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Johnnie1801

Traser H3 Wathches?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just wondering if anyone has a Traser watch or experience with them? I'm thinking about getting the Outdoor Pioneer for Christmas.

http://www.traserh3watches.com/seiten/O ... he-en.html
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Donut

Re: Traser H3 Wathches?

Post by Donut »

I have an automatic Traser. I've had it for quite a while, I think I can check how many years I've had it. I've been swimming with it and everything, it's still kicking. I like it a lot and would buy another.

I think I'm at the point where the tritium is losing brightness.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Johnnie1801!

I have an awesome Traser Jungmann Aviator that was a gift from the wife.

I've used and abused it for the last 7 years, alternating it with my beloved Speedy Pro. :cool:

I wear them in a Maratac Zulu from day one. Urban use, outdoor, fishing, hiking, hunting, off-roading since day one. :D

Truly the best watches I've had in my life. If you get yours, it'll be the best money you'll ever spend in a timepiece.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Lurking here with interest.

When my Suunto Vector started showing drops of water inside the lens, I was ready to get a Traser, then I remembered this Suunto, which I bought to replace a 10-year-old one, was still under warranty and I got it fixed. I love Suuntos (incredibly accurate oscillator) but Trasers are now very much on my mind.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Thanks for all the info guys. I have had my eye on one of these watches for a while now but never made the jump. I found an online dealer that has them for a good price (around $200) so we'll see how it goes money-wise during this festive period.

Just wondering, can the Tritium be replaced and how long do the batteries last?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I have a p6600 elite red traser h3. I have a few maratac bands for it. It cops weekend use and I'm not gentle with it. For work I wear a g-shock but I may get another traser yet
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I've had a Traser 6508 Code Blue for 3-4 years and abused the living **** out of it.....It's solid, reliable and the blue Tritium is still bright.
Travelled on 10 long haul flights across the globe with it in 2013- only replacing it with a G-shock with the World Time feature when 2014 looked to featuring 20 long haul flights (It didn't- it ended up as 22!)

Needed a replacement strap down the years, but it's light and solid either way.
sdedalus83

Post by sdedalus83 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Just wondering, can the Tritium be replaced and how long do the batteries last?
No, and 2 to 10 years depending on the battery type. If you get 10 years from the battery, you're probably going to be near EOL for the tritium.
I carry a serrated Robin2 at work, a Cara Cara Rescue 2 in the glove box, and a ZDP Dragonfly or Junior everywhere else. My PM2 sits on a shelf with a small assortment of Kershaws.
Waiting patiently for the Native 5 lightweight and the Lil' Temperance 2.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Do people still wear watches? Seems redundant with a smart phone.
sdedalus83

Post by sdedalus83 »

enduraguy wrote:Do people still wear watches? Seems redundant with a smart phone.
There aren't many waterproof smartphones, and there are plenty of activities where it's inconvenient to pull a phone out of your pocket just to check the time, as well as many employers who don't allow phones while working.

That said, I wear a well maintained 1972 automatic Seiko because I like it, not really for practicality.
I carry a serrated Robin2 at work, a Cara Cara Rescue 2 in the glove box, and a ZDP Dragonfly or Junior everywhere else. My PM2 sits on a shelf with a small assortment of Kershaws.
Waiting patiently for the Native 5 lightweight and the Lil' Temperance 2.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Well I finally went ahead and got the Traser Outdoor Pioneer watch with the NATO strap. I paid 149 euro's (about $180) with free delivery. Also inluded was a free metal pen with the Traser logo and a rubber piece on the end that you an use on your tablet.

I have to say I like this watch more than I thought I would, it's one of the cheaper models in the range however as an edc watch it does its job perfectly. The case is made from something similar to frn instead of steel which I really don't mind as it makes the watch very light on your wrist and I won't mind if it gets scratched etc. The tritium is also pretty cool, in the dark you an see the hands very clearly indeed.

Here's a pic (sorry about the quality)

Thanks for reading :)

Jon