New fireplace

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jackknifeh

New fireplace

Post by jackknifeh »

I made this fireplace. It's a propane fireplace, not real. :) I'm too old to be chopping wood or cleaning up. :D Sorry about the blurry picture. I figured I'd better take a picture fast (BEFORE HOUSE CATCHES FIRE!). :D

The room was a 2 car carport when we bought the house. Now it's a big room. The fireplace gets the room real hot. I think we will be able to open the door to the house and help with it's heating. That may bring down the cost of running the central heater. We'll see.
MacLaren

Re: New fireplace

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. Thats awesome. Great job....
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Thanks Mac.

I forgot to mention a plug for Dremel. The stones on this fireplace are called "air stone". They are solid but not as solid as real brick or stone. I got them at Lowe's. But the EZ545 (ez-lock diamond wheel) cut and shaped these stones with so much success I was amazed. I love how this cutting wheel did so much I want to get another one. BUT, the one I used showed no sign of loosing it's cutting and shaping capability. It cuts like a circular blade and shapes also with the diamonds on both sides of the wheel. Great great accessory for you Dremel guys who have never used it. It's close to $20 on widgetsupply.com but it's well worth it IMO.

Jack
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

That is fantastic !! Wish I had those skills.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Very good job!